Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2017

The Budget Friendly Valentine's "Bro-Quet" For Your Mate

I am still on my DIY kick and my money saving kick as you guys can see. This year I decided to do something different and make my Husband a bouquet of his favorite things....hence the name "bro-quet".  I'm not the one that requires him to go in debt for one day to "prove" the love that he shows me year round and I surely don't want to spend a ton of money on one day either especially when we have a wedding anniversary right around the corner.

I love this gift because it is thoughtful and useful as he can use the Budweiser Ice Bucket in the future after he has eaten all of the treats that came out of it. Because he is also a gamer I thought it would be super personal to include a card that was gaming related. Needless to say he was more than pleased (and yes I gave it to him early it was burning a hole in my closet!)

This entire gift basket costed me less than 40.00 for all supplies but his reaction was priceless!!!!

Supplies Needed To Make it: 

Bucket or Cup (I got mine from Ebay)
Tissue Paper and Paper Shreds (optional)  (I got both from Dollar Tree)
Styrofoam (I got mine from Dollar Tree) 
Hot Glue Gun/Glue Sticks (I had one in the house already)
Skewers (reg size and extra tall size) (I got mine from Fred's and Party City)
Anything you want to include in the basket.
Custom Card (Etsy)

All I did was fill the bucket with styrofoam, cover the styrofoam with tissue paper, and proceeded to hot glue all items to the skewers before I placed the skewers in the styrofoam. I used the taller skewers at the back of the bouquet so it could get gradually taller. I added the paper shreds after it was finished to cover any remaining gaps/holes. 

No automatic alt text available.




If you are having trouble thinking of a creative idea for Valentine's or any special day consider making one of these for someone you love. They will LOVE it I promise!

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

3 comments:

  1. This idea could certainly double as a birthday, anniversary, or V-day gift for a guy. Smart and affordable and most importantly, it's easy to recreate. It's straight to the point and all the stuff included is stuff the guy would use and appreciate. Bookmarking this post for when (if) I ever get a man to do nice stuff for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics! I hope you had a great time in such a beautiful city! You will like to see more fun from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures. wonderful presents. We have a great collection of African fabrics. Colorful and best quality at lowest price. For whole sell price Visit us, hope you guys love them.
    African Fabrics
    Wholesale African Fabrics
    African Prints
    Guaranteed Wax Block Prints-Phenix
    Sequin Fabrics, Whole sell Sequin

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!