Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Perfect LBM (Little Black Maxi)

Hey guys!!

If you follow me on Instagram, I'm sure you've seen the selfies of me and my Husband from our latest date night. On Tuesday night, the Queen of Hip Hop soul came to my city and I was so ecstatic that we were not only able to see her but also snagged some super close seats to the Stage. We love making new memories together and neither one of us had seen a Mary J Blige concert before.

I wanted a look that was effortless, minimal, but also comfortable and made a statement. I decided to rock a Chic and Curvy dress to the event. I always  love to wear this brand when I have somewhere super special to attend. Not only are the clothes comfortable but I have never seen a style twin when wearing one of their looks. This dress drapes flawlessly, it has POCKETS, and I love how low cut the front is making a basic black dress a little sexier. I also love that the sleeves are 3/4 length.  While I love the way a long sleeve dress looks I prefer 3/4 sleeve because to me it can be worn in any season. Luckily it's still in the 70s in my city so I didn't have to wear a coat or a jacket to the event.

I decided to pop the dress with a black and white clutch. When I saw it I knew I wouldn't rest until I had it in my possession. It contrasted perfectly against the dress and I popped my makeup look with a pink liquid lipstick. If you are in need of the perfect black dress I highly suggest this one. Every girl needs a LBD but I think every plus size woman needs the perfect LBM (little black maxi) as a wardrobe staple as well.



Dress- Chic and Curvy (Get It Here)
Clutch- Asos (Get It Here)
Lipstick- Colourpop More Better 



Until Next Time,
XOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

21 comments:

  1. The dress did not disappoint, it looks perfect on you. Looking very WOW!

    www.fafresh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress! And you can never go wrong with black. So chic and effortless. Love the color pop with your lippie as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kishina!! Yes black is always a winner and I think the fabric of this dress is what makes it!!

      Delete
  3. WOWZA. . .you look extra Fabulous in this dress and your lippie is the cherry on top. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in maxi's--wow, they always look stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you they are definitely becoming one of my signature looks!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! Lovely Dress, and you def look fab in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whaa? A Mary J. Blige concert? Look. That must have been one dance party. You picked the right look for such an event. Glad you and your husband had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes girl you are sure right!! It was definitely one dance party!! Thank you!!

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful look! I am loving that dress! Serve boo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late but...hubba hubba!

    I love this look on you!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!