Total Pageviews

Monday, May 11, 2015

Yellow, Fringe, and Stripes


The temps in my city feel more like Summer than Spring but in the office I work in it's always cool or cold so I can still wear Spring inspired looks without burning up.

I love yellow and oftentimes it's hard to find pieces I love in my size so when I see it I snap it up super quick. This time around I spotted this yellow blazer...I had no idea how I wanted to style it I just knew I wanted it. When I finally got around to wearing it I decided to do a simple look and style it with a striped skirt, and a black fringe bag. I almost added a touch of leopard but chickened out....mixing prints is not one of the things I'm good at. \

 I love the color of the blazer, but the fabric leaves much to be desired. If I had to purchase it all over again I probably would but only because I didn't have a yellow blazer at all but I really wouldn't recommend it if you are looking for a quality yellow blazer that is more structured.

Blazer- Ashley Stewart (Get It Here)
Cami- Forever21 
Skirt- Torrid (old)
Shoes- Jessica Simpon 


12 comments:

  1. You look awesome! Love that color on you. Go ahead and add that leopard girl! It would go fab with this color scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to get my feet wet next time lolllll

      Delete
  2. Mixing prints take a lot of courage because even though stylistically you'll think it looks great, the average person is going to think, "What the hell is she wearing? Why is she wearing stripes with leopard print?" So I understand your reservations about that. Oh, and I love that blazer; I like that it doesn't have too many embellishments so you can pair it with either gold or silver accessories.

    Drea
    thedreadaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree I think in blogger world we sometimes forget that some looks won't be as well embraced in "real world".....especially odd mixed print combos. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older but I play it pretty safe these days. Yes I like that about this blazer too thanks Drea!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that blazer!!! And I've been really thinking about getting a fringed purse. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giselle!!!!!! I want a fringed clutch now!

      Delete
  4. I Love this look on you and that blazer is just the right color. I am not good at shopping online cause I like to feel the items before I buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I think I've been shopping online so long I can pretty much tell how it will look on me.

      Delete
  5. I know you said the quality isnt great but I love the blazer. It looks so good!
    ~Saprina
    www.SaprinaSays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Saprina it definitely photographed well but I did want to be honest with my readers if they are on a budget.

      Delete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!