Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

SnakeSkin for Spring

A lot of my readers are afraid to wear their arms out during the Spring and Summer. I say why not? If we are already plus size it's not like hiding our arms will make society see us any different.  You can hide every imperfection you have and someone will still have something to say.

My Mother works with blind people for a living so I'm just thankful I wake up every morning and I can see the things we complain about. We nitpick at ourselves wanting to change this or that and some people in the world wish they could see anything even the things we wish we could change about ourselves. Celebrate your imperfections even if you are working to change them. The sun is coming out and your arms deserve to get some sun.

On to the look....with this look I decided to go back to the basics. A peplum and a pencil skirt are a wardrobe staple for me. It's a no fail go to date night look.....perfect work look....and to me a look that anyone can pull off regardless of body type.

I had been eyeing this skirt for the longest but the color on the website looked more brown than pink...but when it went on sale for 14 bucks with free shipping, I had to give it a shot and I was glad it looked more peachy than beige. The perfect snakeskin print for Spring! I paired it with a basic black peplum and some basic black pumps for date night. I hope you like!!

Are you afraid of wearing your arms out? Are you working towards getting over that fear this Summer?
Top- Forever 21 (old)
Skirt (only a select few sizes left) Get It Here
Shoes- Jessica Simpson 

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

10 comments:

  1. I used to be super self conscious about my arms, but I have had to learn to just get over it. Most people aren't paying my arms as much attention as I am! We are our worse critics. btw...I love a peplum, its def a wardrobe staple for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree and thanks for stopping by!!!!

      Delete
  2. Very cute look! I love a good snakeskin. :-) Girl this post was spot on and I needed to hear that. I've been struggling with my Spring wardrobe because most of my dresses are sleeveless and with my weight gain, I am so self-conscious about my arms but you are so right. We need to learn to embrace all of our imperfections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roni!!!! It's definitely hard after weight gain I'm currently working back on my arms now but I refuse to cover up all Summer until I get them back in order. It felt liberating to wear them out.

      Delete
  3. Cute,stylish and you wear this outfit so very well my dear. I am not ashamed of my big flappy arms. Hello beach. . . #bigarmsnocare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the skirt! I'm not a fan of my arms, but when it's hot I don't care lolll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I was girl it was so hot this day!!! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  5. You are so right about that! Plus size or not, people will always find something to criticize. You look great! I love the snakeskin print and the peplum.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!