Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

My Favorite Nude Lip For Dark Skin

I  mentioned earlier this year that I wanted to start incorporating a little bit of beauty talk on the blog. I'm by no means a beauty guru, I don't do huge beauty hauls (I can't remember ever spending more than 50 bucks at one time on beauty items), etc. I'm more of a lipstick lover and majority of my beauty purchases are lipsticks so that is probably what I will talk to you guys about the most.

Today I want to talk about the best nude (in my opinion) that I've found for women of a darker complexion like mine. The struggle to find the perfect nude was a long time coming for me because I don't care for nudes that remind me of David Chappelle's Tyrone Biggums character.



You definitely don't want that look going on so I had been on the hunt for a brown color that looks more like MY brown. The beauty world of course had all been raving about Salem liquid lipstick by Limecrime but 1. I'm not a big liquid lipstick girl YET 2. Limecrime has been in the news for some very disturbing reasons and I have decided not to purchase from them ever again.  I was in the MAC store looking for an eyeshadow when this brown stood out to me.


It's called Photo and it's a smooth earthy burnt caramel shade. I think it would look good on every skin-tone. I like it alone but I like it best paired with Chestnut liner also from MAC. If you are looking for a good nude that's actually nude on dark skin I would highly suggest it. I haven't found a drugstore dupe for it yet but the NYX expresso lipliner is the exact same color as MAC's chestnut liner if you are on a tight budget.  Here are some photos of me wearing the color Photo. I was also wearing it in my last blog post if you want to see it with a better quality camera...these are Iphone pics.


I hope this helped any of you looking for a pretty brown lippie. I will be back with more lipcolors soon. I rarely buy more than one at a time so don't count on any beauty hauls. 


Until Next Time, 
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm glad you enjoyed this post!

      Delete
  2. That is a great color on you. Recently, I went over to the bare minerals side . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! I tried Bare Minerals but it didn't come in a dark enough shade for me at that time.

      Delete
  3. Im so dun with u n that Dave Chapelle pic...u look beautiful
    http://islandchic77.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lolllllllllllllllllll you know you've seen it! Thanks gorgeous!!!!

      Delete
  4. loving this on you :)

    xo
    lipstickvillain.com

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!