Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Drugstore Dupe for MAC Heroine Lipstick


Hi Guys

I'm back with another beauty post and this one is especially for the budget beauties. After reading this post on the Drea Daily Blog (I literally go visit her blog everyday to see what she's talking about check her out guys) I was reminded of a drugstore lip balm that I had been wanting to try but never got around to it.

After I read that post the next time I went in CVS I literally grabbed the last one to see if it lived up to the hype. I picked up the Revlon Matte Lip Balm in Shameless. I absolutely love purple lippies so I HAD to try it out finally.


I love it because as soon as I put it on my lips I realized it's almost a dead on dupe for MAC Heroine. Here is a swatch so you can get a better idea.  Shameless is also anywhere from 6-10 bucks depending on where you purchase vs 16.00 Heroine. 


Here is how it looks on me with no liner.



You can also pair it with a liner I recommend Currant from MAC, Here it is paired with currant liner. 

I hope that this post gives you an idea of what to expect Shameless to look like on you if your skintone is similar to mine. It has a minty scent after application so if you don't like mint you may not care for this. Overall, I like this for everyday wear but I do prefer Heroine. The formula is different and to me the Heroine looks more purple in person even tho they look almost the same in pictures. Would I buy it again? Yes and I plan to try a few more colors in the future..... 

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Click Here To Purchase

14 comments:

  1. Looove my Heroine lippie from MAC, but I will definitely have to check out this dupe. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shameless is like an exact dupe for Heroine. Good call, girl! I bought it last week when I was in Walmart searching for another shade to buy since I really liked the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout. For now I'll probably stick with Shameless and Standout - none of the other colors caught my eye.

    Drea
    thedreadaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Drea!! Your post definitely inspired me to get it!!!

      Delete
  3. I bought this same lippie from CVS. Never knew it was close to the Mac Heroine. I love how it looks paired with the liner. That's what I was missing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heroine but I hardly wear it...going to going it out now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yassss I need to wear mine more often too!

      Delete
  5. perfect dupe! its spot on!

    looks great on you diva! :-)

    xo
    lipstickvillain.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great dupe and it looks good on you! I will have to check it out!

    xx,
    Demita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, I just ran across these as well & was a bit skeptical but they are really nice. Great color on you!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!