Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pink Pinup (A Chic and Curvy Review)


For our final Anniversary dinner, I decided to wear this dress that was gifted to me from Chic and Curvy. As you guys know I never review or accept items from boutiques that I wouldn't purchase from with my own money and Chic and Curvy is one of the only stores that I accept complimentary clothing from because a lot of the items are my style and I would definitely purchase from them with my hard earned money.

 I am not really a bodycon girl anymore so this dress was a step outside of my comfort zone, especially being a bright colored bodycon. I typically stick with darker bodycon dresses because that's what I feel more comfortable wearing. When I was looking in my closet for a clutch I came back to this colorful clutch you have been seeing on the blog for the past 2 or 3 years in the Spring/Summer and I STILL am in love with this clutch years later. When I pick clutches I love bright colors or printed clutches because they are classic and will always distinguish your look from others even if you see someone with a similar look on when you step out on the town.

This dress was the perfect length for me and I love that it doesn't stick to my flaws like some bodycons can. I wore Hooked Up Shapewear underneath to smooth things out. I hate a thigh shaper that cuts into the leg so this one is like a high waist brief that leaves my legs free from that horrible imprint. I love the color, fabric, off the shoulder detail, and my Husband's reaction when he saw me in it. Since I had so much color going on I decided to wear a neutral colored pump. If you have somewhere you're going and you want to be a for sure knockout, check out Chic and Curvy and tell them Style4Curves sent you! I truly felt like a plus size pin-up in this dress and it restored my confidence in wearing bodycon style dresses. This post wraps up my Anniversary week style I hope you enjoyed my picks!

If you are inspired by any of my looks on the blog hashtag them on Instagram at #style4curvesinspired so I can see them!

Dress:Chic and Curvy (Get It Here)
Shapewear- Hooked Up Shapewear (Get It Here
Clutch- Charming Charlie's (super old) 
Shoes- Jessica Simpson

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXO

28 comments:

  1. very vibrant colors, lovely
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous color and love the way you styled it!

    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl color loves you!!! Celebration indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophia!!!! I'm hoping to keep the color going into the Spring and Summer and get out of my black rut!

      Delete
  4. Rocking that dress and the color is fab on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! it may be out your comfort zone but you are wearing that dress!!!!!. I have to start putting money into shape ware that I actually wear. I never can feel too free in them. Anywho, I hope you will consider neon green next time lol Oh and one last thing, may I have your bag? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this shapewear it is very breathable...I can't wear something that I don't feel comfortable in either. whewwwww I gotta work my way up to green lolllllllll and yes you can have it :)

      Delete
    2. No problem lol I will look into the shape wear you use beacause I have wasted so much money lol

      Delete
    3. I think this one works fabulous! I hope you like it!

      Delete
  6. Seeeerve honey!! Yeeeess! You are giving me all types of fierce in this. One question? I am considering purchasing the Hooked Up shapewear, does it control more or less than a Spanx would? I need something with very firm control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kishina!!! I don't own a Spanx so I can't say if it holds more but the Hooked Up Shapewear is not very firm it moreso smooths everything out and keeps it from jiggling but it doesn't pull you in very tight. It's a light breathable fabric this particular one is not super heavy duty......I have a shaper that I got from Forever 21 plus line last year that is more heavy duty but its not comfortable to wear and it leaves that line of demarcation on your thighs underneath your clothes that I hate. I prefer this Hooked Up One for longtime wear, comfort, and smoothing.

      Delete
  7. YOU DID THAT! And I honestly wouldn't have known you were wearing shapewear underneath if you hadn't mentioned it in the post. It's not visible at all. Another fabulous look!

    Drea
    thedreadaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Drea!!!!!!!!!!!! That's definitely what I look for in shape-wear I hate a visible shapewear. I appreciate the support as always!! xoxo

      Delete
  8. I Love, love, love this hot pink number on you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl I am telling you right now ! This is your color. The dress is gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! I def hope to find many more things in this color!!!!

      Delete
  10. I love how you put this together!! Perfection!! Have been meaning to score a fabulous piece from Chic & Curvy!! This one looks like a winner! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is most definitely a winner I promise you won't be disappointed!!!! Thank you!

      Delete
  11. I just found your blog/instagram page and I think I want to order every Chic & Curvy dress you put! Can I ask how tall are you and what size your normally wear? Also additionally what size did you get in this dress? I have 2 dresses I want to buy from them but I'm just curious about fit because I am short. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!!! I am 5'2 and I am usually anywhere from a size 18 to a size 20 depending on brand. I got this in a size 3x I hope this helps!!!!! Thanks for dropping by!!

      Delete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!