Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 22, 2015

A First Time For Everything

I said I was going to keep my memories private from my Anniversary trip, and I still will but I wanted to post about a fear I overcame during this trip in hopes that it will help someone else.

Most people would assume because I blog taking pictures would be easy for me, but as with any other woman we all have fears about certain items. Mine was being photographed in swimwear. I have been wearing plus size swimwear since GabiFresh made the Fatkini popular but I have always been afraid to post a picture of me in mine on the Internet. Being sans clothing is very personal for me even on the beach but my Husband told me I was making a bigger deal out of it than it really was and he hoped that I came out of my shell and posted some pics on my blog of me in my swimwear so I decided to try it.

I actually felt liberated after seeing the photos he took and walking around without my cover-up when I got in to swim wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. The key for me was finding something that was the perfect mix of showing a little skin without feeling completely immodest so the fatkini/sarong combo worked for me. I don't have the smallest stomach so the VBO (visible belly outline) doesn't work for me when I'm not swimming (and one day I might feel comfortable with it) but for now I prefer to not walk around with everything out for all the world to see so outside of the water I keep my sarong on.

If you are nervous about wearing swimwear it's probably like it was for me all in your head. Don't let your inner insecurities ruin your vacations....the things we hate about ourselves someone else may be looking at and appreciating. You don't have to have the perfect body to have a perfect vacation....just let go and enjoy yourself I know I did.

My Husband and I celebrate 2 years of marriage on today >3

Are any of you afraid of wearing a swimsuit on the beach? What steps are you going to take to overcome that fear?


Fatkini - Forever 21 + 
Sarong- Torrid 

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

16 comments:

  1. My first two piece was from Torrid. It was an ill-fitting halter tankini boy short/skirted combo.
    But it was the first time I ever felt comfortable in something that was two piece. I was in my mid twenties.
    After seeing Gabi in her fatkini I thought, "if she can do it, so can I." In the following years I started to invest more in my swimwear, getting funky prints and curve-hugging silhouettes until F21 finally came out with their plus-sized swimwear line. Now I have no shame about prancing around on the beach in a two piece or a monokini. I am always eating clean and exercising off and on, but I dress for today. PERIOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to get more colors and prints now. I don't visit the beach often but I'd like to have some more for when I do. Thanks for dropping by! I've been watching from the sidelines and wishing I had the courage to take photos in a swimsuit....I finally did it and I'm so glad!

      Delete
  2. First and foremost....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE TWO OF YOU!!!!!!!!! May you be blessed with many many years of happiness, peace, prosperity and love. Second...you look marvelous in your suit. Kudos to your hubby being supportive and reminding you that you are BEAUTIFUL and you should not worry. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shelly!!! I don't know why but I had a paralyzing fear of taking pics in a swimsuit. He definitely was very supportive and it helped me get more confidence to do it.

      Delete
  3. You look so pretty sweety. And Happy Anniversary to both of you. Great swimsuit btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary girl ! you look fabulous. Having a supporting husband is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! and yes it is if I would still be scared to do it if not for him girl!

      Delete
  5. "You don't have to have the perfect body to have a perfect vacation." That is the TRUTH! Amen. I cannot remember the last time I bought and wore a swimsuit, much less went to a beach. Thanks for this post and your courage. You look absolutely stunning!

    Drea
    thedreadaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely buy one this year and go Drea I am so mad I let my insecurities about it affect my vacations for so long. No one was even paying me any attention lollllllllll I thought people would be staring. You are so welcome.

      Delete
  6. There is nothing imperfect about your beachwear and you look fabulous in this swimsuit. Kudos to your Hubs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty fabulous, rock it! I wore a swimsuit in 2013(hadn't worn one in 15 years or so). I was on vacay and like you felt like I don't when I'll be in Cancun again so I'm making the most of it! Work what you got!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yessssssssss it was so amazing!!!!!!!! thank for you dropping by!

      Delete
  8. nice post :) your blog is great :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks really cute actually. I think being exposed is a problem many women face, there's always one body part that you'll rather not show to the whole world- I personally have NEVER worn a bikini, so this would be a huge deal for me!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!