Total Pageviews

Monday, January 12, 2015

Casual Diaries: The Leopard Trench Coat

Hi guys,

It's been awhile since I've posted. I took a mental break from blogging for awhile and I must admit it felt great and I plan to unplug more often in 2015 from social media overall and also blog on my own terms. Since I started blogging I have been way more hard on myself as far as setting a schedule for posts than I should have been.....it's just a hobby/outlet for me and I've been treating it like a second job literally. I don't plan on abandoning the blog by any means but I definitely won't lose a wink of sleep if I don't post a look a week like I had been.

On to my look ....you guys know I LOVEEEEEEE me some leopard....so when I first saw this coat (and it's not for the faint of heart) I knew I had to have it. Initially it was $160 (way too much for me to pay for a coat I knew I wouldn't be wearing every week and I wanted it more for cuteness than warmth)....so I waited and when it went on sale for 39.99 about three weeks ago I hurriedly snatched it up. Waiting on items you truly love doesn't always work out that way if you are plus size but I took the risk and I'm so glad I didn't pay retail price for this coat. Now that I have it tho it actually is VERY warm so it worked out better than I thought for a Winter coat. I paired it with a simple black cami, my new favorite jeans, and some nude pumps. I finished my look off with my everyday black bag and a bold purple lip. You will see SO much more of this coat...so I'm warning you now loll.

I have seen a lot of plus size women stating that a lot of the companies are making statement clothing for parties/clubbing/special events and a lot of women are just everyday women looking for things they can wear on a daily basis. That is one of the reasons I plan to blog way more casual looks in 2015 and I think this look is definitely an everyday look with a side of glam. You can also wear nude flats if you aren't a heels girl.

If you have been inspired by any of my looks from the blog enough to recreate them or create inspired looks.. hashtag those looks on Instagram at #style4curvesinspired so I can repost them.
Coat- Ashley Stewart - (Get It Here- ALMOST SOLD OUT)
Cami- Forever 21 + (Get It Here)
Boyfriend Jeans-Torrid- sold out 
Bag- JustFab Martin Bag 
Shoes- Jessica Simpson

Even tho this look is sold out, I hope I can inspire you to create a similar look. 

Until Next Time, 
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really will thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Love the coat! I love me some leopard too girl!

    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. . .you look HOTT in this coat. Enjoy it my dear. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your coat
    i am following your blog, please follow back
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this coat!

    oddlyfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted that coat so badddd but my bank account needs a break!! You definitely rocked it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know what you mean this was my last purchase before mine went back on break indefinitely lolll!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

      Delete
  7. This is beautiful. The coat is a statement piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I am introducing you with a big online fashion brand. XnY is India’s most exciting online fashion brand. XnY has grown in past years and became one of the India’s biggest retail brand in Women’s and Men’s Clothing. customers can buy our branded clothes online from company website www.xny.in

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this coat!! It adds something special to your overall look. I like your style because it's very simple and easy to follow, yet stylish!

    Jas | Jasmine Diane

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!