Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A Curvy Holiday Series: Part One: Office Holiday Party

Hi guys,

I teamed up with some fellow curvy bloggers and we are doing some Holiday looks this Month for you guys. Today we decided to do an office holiday party look. At some of my older employer Holiday parties, we had the kind of parties where you could literally dress to the nines....sequins, glitter, and all. But now, for our Holiday parties at my present place of employment,  it's more suitable to dress business-like with a little bit of the Holiday season flair.

I decided to do a tuxedo blazer, black cami, and a "leather" skirt. The skirt while edgy is still an appropriate length for the office. I rocked basic black pumps and a sequin bag for that little something extra. If it were truly cold in my city, tights would have been appropriate but it was in the 70's when I took these blog photos.

 Backstory on this skirt: Honestly, when I first got this skirt I hated everything about it. The material was thin and looked "costumey" to me and it's noisy. I have other "leather" skirts that don't look quite as cheap as this one did to me. I refused to send it back because I would have to pay the return shipping costs so I kept it and what do you know it went perfect with this look. I say that to say this......if I had to buy it again I wouldn't just being honest so buy at your own discretion. I wrote a bad review for it but apparently Ashley Stewart didn't want their readers to see mine and several other bad reviews left on this item because the reviews have since disappeared. Don't say I didn't warn you!!! 

Be sure to check out the other ladies Office Holiday Party Looks!!

Bianca of Curvaceously Bee Blog
Pepper of Pretty Plus Pep Blog
Jeniese of  The Jenesaisquoi Blog
and Rebequita of Rebequitas Fashion Blog
Blazer- Target (last year) 
Cami- Forever 21 + (Get It Here)
Bag- Aldo (old) 
Shoes- Jessica Simpson 
Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

21 comments:

  1. As much as you dislike this skirt, it's absolutely gorgeous with the rest of your outfit. You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!! It definitely photographs well and looks good on but I just hated the material.

      Delete
  2. I love this look on YOU and that skirt sure does look like one I want. Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Happy Holidays as well!

      Delete
  3. SO BEAUTIFUL AND BRIGHT
    CHECK OUT MY NEW POST
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2014/12/hello-winter-with-bunny-ear-embellished.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks great. But I feel you on the "logistics". I have yet to find a faux leather pencil skirt that fits me the way I'd like.. I just gave up. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! Yes the best one I found was off Ebay this one I was SO disappointed by but I guess it was worth the 20 bucks I paid for it.

      Delete
  5. baeeeeee
    http://www.islandchic77.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look is fiyah!! I love the skirt on you. And red is a go to color for a fabulous holiday look. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kishina!!!!!!!! You are so welcome I'm glad you were inspired!

      Delete
  7. Loving that red blazer with the tux blazer, so festive and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the outfit, but that is exactly what I was worried about when I saw that skirt on the website! Glad i checked here first.
    www.dopechixx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I'm glad you did too I def tried to review it and warn people. I don't appreciate them deleting the honest reviews!!

      Delete
  9. Yes the perfect holiday look! I just pulled out my leather pieces and I definitely will be rocking them for a Holiday party or two. :-)

    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so cute! I absolutely love this outfit... And that purse is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, you look fabulous in this outfit! I am also a curvy woman. I am a party planner so usually I have to visit lots of clients. After reading your post I am encouraged to showcase my style to others. I will never feel embarrassed about my looks.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!