Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Curvy Holiday Series Part 2: Family and Friends

Today I'm back with part 2 of the Curvy Holiday LookBook series.Today we put together a look appropriate for hanging out with family and friends.  Usually when visiting family I try to wear something that is a mixture of comfortable, stylish, and functional. Lately, I've been rocking cardigans and infinity scarves heavy, especially with boyfriend jeans.  I love the longer length cardigans because they hide my butt (I mean who wants the donk on display around the in-laws loll) and they are also warm and cozy. The great thing about cardigans for me is they go from the office to casual outings with ease.

The plaid infinity scarf does double duty adding another layer of chic to a casual look and also camouflaging the tummy when you are done stuffing yourself to capacity (it also garners tons of compliments when I wear it out and about). I'm not a flats girl so even to family gatherings I'm in heels but I prefer a mid-height comfier heel for those occasions not my tall stilettos. Actually since the platform heel trend is dying, I am much more into mid height heels these days. I refuse to throw my platforms away tho because we all know with fashion everything always comes back full circle and they will be patiently awaiting their return.

What will you be wearing to the Holiday get togethers?
Cardigan - Ashley Stewart - (Get It Here)
Scarf- DIY ( (similar here)
Jeans- Torrid (similar here)
Shoes- Jessica Simpson

Don't forget to check out the rest of the ladies looks that also participated in this Curvy Holiday Lookbook:

Pepper of PrettyPlusPep
Jeniese of The Jenesaisquoi Blog
Bianca of Curvaceously Bee
and Rebecca of Rebequitas Fashion Blog

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

9 comments:

  1. You look fab and all ready for Christmas !!! I love red especially around this time of the year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I do too red is just so vibrant!!!!!

      Delete
  2. That cardigan is too cute, Venessia! And red is definitely looking good on you. Love that DIY scarf. It adds so much character to your outfit. Happy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kishina!!!!!!! I really love this cardigan I hate they sold out of the grey!!! Happy holidays to you as well!!!

      Delete
  3. Love this look girl! Red looks good on you and I love a good pair of boyfriend jeans! Lord knows I will be rocking mine for the holiday gatherings, as well! :-)

    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look on you and red is your color. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect look for hanging with friends and family! I love the red and especially the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!

    http://www.amillionpinks.com/lfdw-day-2/

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!