Total Pageviews

Monday, October 27, 2014

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn- A Review



I know you guys are wondering why the heck I'm writing about a novel on a fashion blog, but honestly for sometime now I've been thinking of including posts on things going on in my life other than what I wear because as much as I love fashion, it's such a very small part of who I am. One little known fact about me is that I'm a bookworm. Reading and Writing are two of my first loves so I am always reading something. I'm a very avid reader and try to read one book a week or more if I can. 

My most recent read was Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. When I saw the movie advertised and realized it was a screen adaptation of the book I HAD to read the book to see what it was about. Honestly guys, this is the BEST book I've read in 2014 aside from The Shack by William P. Young. In Gone Girl, Lance Nick Dunne's wife Amy goes mysteriously missing on their fifth wedding anniversary. It receives national News coverage because Amy's parents are the authors of the Amazing Amy book series that was pretty much read by every kid in America.  

The story goes back and forth between his version of the marriage and her version of the marriage via her diary....but all the clues seem to point to Nick being the murderer. Without revealing what happens I will just say GET THIS BOOK! It had me on the edge of my seat enthralled with what was going to happen next...I wanted to laugh with Nick, cry with him, hated him at times, it was just a really really amazing read you guys.  Did Nick kill Amy? Will they find her? You have to read it to find out. 

 You can get the book on Amazon (here)

Would you like to see more book reviews in the future? Let me know!!!

Until Next Time,
XXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

3 comments:

  1. This story progresses by leaps and bounds and you would not be able to resist the temptation to jump ahead and see what is the future course of events.

    It talks about "Marriages, relationships" and that they are not made in heaven and if they are then they are meant to not stay in heaven.

    The plot thickens with every page and you will keep thinking of what happens next when you take a break.

    Highly recommend this to anyone who likes murder mysteries. My 4.5 on 5 )- deducting 0.5 as it has a few shortfalls but they are rare. Must read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I havent read Gone Girl, but I just finished The Shack. I will definately read Gone Girl. I follow you on Instagram!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was hooked on the book and read it in record time! Could not wait to turn the page, however, was a bit disappointed by the ending...It kind of left me hanging and I was hoping Amy's lies would catch up to her.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!