Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Orange Is The New Black

Hi Fashion Lovers,

I have fallen back in love with prints and colors and I've been wearing them nonstop since Spring arrived. When I saw this top it reminded me of the Ankara prints and other printed fabrics that I see mostly worn by Africans. Random fact about me: I am obsessed with African culture, from their gele and their amazing fabrics, to their one of a kind beauty.

Since it was warm but still cool this day I paired my elephant printed top with my fave boyfriend jeans ( I warned you guys that these pants will be in heavy rotation this Spring/Summer) and my go to black blazer. To bring out the color on the bottom of the top I paired this with a bright orange bowler bag (thus the title).  I really love how this look came together and I hope you do too.

(Stylenote: The Top and the Bag are both very recent purchases but I looked to find links for you guys and apparently they have both sold out)
Top and Blazer- Forever 21+  (sold out)
Pants- Torrid -( here)
Shoes-Steve Madden 
Bag -River Island -(similar here)
Shades-Ebay (old) (similar here)
Until Next Time, 
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

29 comments:

  1. This a cute look! I really love the jeans!

    oddlyfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you would love BF Jeans and you look Great here. And I love the pop of orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For someone who did not like to wear denim, you sure are finding your niche and I DIG IT! That bag is Devine and the perfect statement to add POP to this look! Go V!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this entire outfit! I took love African prints! My good friend is Nigerian and she always has the most beautiful custom pieces made for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute..I love it

    www.jayla31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this look!!! Send me that top so I can wear it!!! I hope you had fun on your vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i absolutely love the top! you look great! :)

    xx
    anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those jeans are hot!!!!! And love the orange!

    www.curviebirdie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute look!! Love those jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazing. the florescent orange color is looking so wonderful with black shoes. I have also bought Tory Burch reva flats and will buy a orange colored handbag for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!