Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Maxi Season

Hi Fashion Lovers,

The day before Mother's Day I was going for a very chill and relaxed look. We took my Mom out for a nice dinner at her favorite restaurant the day before Mother's Day to avoid the crowds and got her some flowers, a visa gift card, and her favorite chocolate covered strawberries from edible arrangements. My family got me a bouquet of pink roses since I am the Mother to 2 angel babies that I lost in 2010 and 2011.

Mother's Day can be hard for women who have lost children but I get stronger every year and I have an amazing time celebrating my Mom because she is truly my hero. I decided to wear this maxi that was sent to me from http://chicandcurvy.com/. I love it because it can be worn casually or to a more formal event. I'm 5'3 and usually have to wear heels with maxis to keep them from dragging the ground so I was pleasantly surprised that I could wear flats with this one and I love the faux wrap bust on it. I think this maxi is very flattering and it will most definitely be a staple in my wardrobe. I think the 3/4 sleeve is perfect for women who have issues with showing their arms. Every plus size woman needs a LBM (little black maxi) because they are so versatile.I kept the look monochrome with a black statement necklace and an a black clutch. I finished off the look with some peep toe flats. Peep toe flats are my favorite style flats but they are very hard to find.

I will try to do more looks in the future with flats because I know not everyone likes heels.

"Black travels to any destination and can be dressed up or down." -MK

Dress- Get It Here, Also in Chevron Print here, and Red here
Necklace: Forever Pink Boutique 
Shoes- Ross
Clutch- Old 

Until Next Time, 
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

18 comments:

  1. Great dress on you, and you also look good in your nice collection of heels.Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this maxi dress style. You can definitely dress it up or down. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole outfit is so amazing! Looking so lovely and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!! I'm 5'3 as well, and I love a good maxi that doesn't drag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dress on you and pairing it with flats totally work! Also, love that lip color too. Sorry for your loss :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roni and it's okay girlie I'm stronger everyday

      Delete
  6. You look amazing! Black is always fab.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!