Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Office Style Diaries: The Modernized Black Suit


Hi Fashion Lovers,

I am trying all sorts of new things on the blog this year and one of them will be trying to post some office appropriate looks as well. I wish I was a full time blogger that does this for a living but in reality I work a 9-5 like everyone else and my weekly attire calls for stuffy corporate gear. Even tho we have set rules at my office place about things that are appropriate to wear I still try to incorporate my personal style into my work looks to brighten up otherwise drab office wear.

A Black suit is a must have in every woman's closet. You can purchase the suit to wear for interviews or mix and match the suit jacket or pants with something different to get the most out of your workwear during the week. In this case, I paired a pair of black wide leg trousers with a black blazer to give a "suit" effect but these pieces were bought seperately. I paired them with a leopard top....and a kelly green scarf to add my pop of color. This scarf is the same length as the ones I've been wearing on the blog all Fall and Winter but I double looped it for more drama.


Top- Wet Seal (sold out) 
Pants- Asos Curve (similar here)
Bag-Aldo (sold out)
Scarf- Made by my Mom (similar here)
I hope that these office posts will inspire some of you that are looking for everyday inspiration. Let me know your thoughts on the officewear segment. 

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

21 comments:

  1. you look great! love everything about this Outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look young executive in this outfit and it works for you. I bet you wear this with your hot pink shoes too. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Actually, I stick to dark colored shoes for the office but on the weekend most def!!!!

      Delete
  3. The leopard print really gave a sophisticated fun look!! Really nice outfit all together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those pants and matching it with that print made it even a great winner.

    xoxo! V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very appropriate look for the office. love it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute my dear. love your scarf

    ww.jayla31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the green scarf and leopard top, gorgeous
    Shana-Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fellow animal print lover!
    You look gorg! Very chic office look. Love the scarf and the touch of color it added to d outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the green against the leopard! Great look!

    I blog here: www.lovelifepearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very classy look!! Love how you added the green scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My job does not call for a suit but I wore one anyway! I felt so empowered and like a BOSS! I really dig your interpretation of the power suit!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!