Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Houndstooth Statement Coat

Hi Fashion Lovers, 

The weather is so crazy here...one day it's cold and the next day it's warm. Today it was chilly and just cold enough for a light jacket so I shopped my closet for an outfit and threw on my favorite thrifted Houndstooth trench that I've worn before on the blog here and also here and those posts are from 2012 and 2013 so I've had this coat over 2 years and I still love it as much as I did when I first thrifted it. One thing I love about classic prints is they never go out of style. 

This time around I decided to pair it with a bodycon midi length dress and my cobalt blue scarf. This is one of the many scarves my Mom made me this Winter. I think blue is fast becoming one of my favorite colors. 

This outfit is a perfect example of how you can mix new and ancient pieces to create new looks.





Coat-Thrifted
Dress-Asos (old)
Shoes-Jessica Simpson
Scarf-Handmade by by Mom 
Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

28 comments:

  1. Hot, hot, hot loving your entire outfit!

    Louisa
    www.lapassionvoutee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cute outfit. Love the coat a lot

    www.jayla31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go girl! You have a great pair of legs on you!
    *Besos*
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking Great here in electric blue and houndstooth. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Cute honey!! Really love that scarf your mommy made, I love the length and the girth, it reminds me of a surplice top

    www.webreaktrends.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!! I do too the length of her scarves are perfect!

      Delete
  6. OH how I love Houndstooth! It SCREAMS chic! Love the cobalt you added in there! Uber smart! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe you thrifted that coat. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes maam I did for 5 bucks!

      Delete
  8. The coat is gorgeous!!! And the blue of the scarf extremely brightens the outfit.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!