Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Curves Can Rock It Better: Ankara Printed Skirt

Hi Fashion Lovers,

Last year I came up with the idea to have a segment called Curves Can Rock It Better. A lot of times I've seen almost identical looks worn by both straight and plus size women. I love to showcase these styles to show that plus size woman can look just as fabulous as any other woman. This segment is not a competition between slim and plus size women but more-so meant to be empowering to ALL women. There is enough room for us all to look fabulous slim, big, and everything in between. Today's post is all about the Ankara printed skirt.

A few days ago I saw Ayomide from the blog FashionFreakAfricanChic blog featured on Fashion Bomb Daily.

DSC_1407

I was immediately drawn to this gorgeous skirt and I was instantly reminded of a photo from one of of my fellow bloggers Lauren of KurvayshusB. Her blog is now closed so I'm not sure if she still blogs at this time.

This was Lauren's look:



I love how Ayomide paired her Ankara skirt with a vibrant blue top and her gorgeous hairstyle. I loved how Lauren rocked a black top and let the skirt shine and the tiger belt to add that bit of extra. This is a great example of a trend that can be worn by both slim and plus size women and look just as fab on either body type.



Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

11 comments:

  1. Love this post, that skirt is gorgeous! Lauren looks awesome in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The african print long skirt trend is really pretty. An addition to the closet soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those skirts will look great on everybody because of the vibrant colors and I'm sure you have a top to work them. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both ladies look fabulous and I love that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes they both looked fabulous!! It's all about working with what you've got and tweaking a look to fit your personal style and/or flatter your figure

    www.webreaktrends.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both ladies rocked their prints but I am in LOVE with Lauren's look. FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, What a beautiful collection it helped me gain a great amount of knowledge for these wears.Fpr more information bridal saree online shopping

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have yet to see on in this fabric which is surprising since it's so popular! Love this look on her, but I love both looks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more
    than just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and all.
    Nevertheless just imagine if you added some great visuals or video clips to give your posts more,
    "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this blog could certainly be one of the greatest in its field.
    Superb blog!

    Here is my weblog free online cams

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! Its genuinely awesome piece of writing, I have got much clear idea regarding from this article.


    Also visit my webpage; Rg6 coax Cable

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!