Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2014 Fashion Resolutions

Hi Fashion Lovers,

Most people have New Year's Resolutions pertaining to weight loss, saving money, etc. I usually make goals all throughout the year and usually use the first of the year to track my progress rather than make new goals.Last year on the blog I made these fashion resolutions( click here to see old post) and I did  reorganize my closets, I started back wearing more lipstick and got away from the lipgloss, I bought more jeans in 2013, and got some better looking gym clothes. Since those helped me a lot I decided to do yearly fashion resolutions and these are the ones I made for this year.
                                                

  • Revamp my work wardrobe. I haven't bought new "work" clothes in a long time. I usually just wear things I would normally wear and make it more work appropriate with blazers etc but I want to actually buy things specifically for the office this year. More cardigans, work shirts, dress slacks, and a better selection of flats to change it up sometimes. 
  • Purchase more separates. I did a good job in 2013 of buying more tops and I want to continue this year buying more tops and skirts and less dresses. I LOVE a good dress just like any woman but I don't want the majority of my closet to be party dresses that are hard to style differently. I prefer cute seperates that I can restyle to get more wear out of them. 
  • Buy Cute Flats. As mentioned earlier, I do want to get more into flat shoes but I have a hard time finding ones that are stylish and comfy. Most of those ballet flats hurt my feet because I have a very high arch, and my heels actually feel better than majority of the ones I've tried on. The ones that are comfortable cost as much as a pair of heels and I don't like to invest much money into flats because I never wear them for style but more just in situations where they are necessary.I am going to try this year to find flats that are comfortable and don't cost an arm and a leg. 
  • Get some cute swimwear and coverups. I really haven't worn a swimsuit since around 2009. I had reached my weight loss goal and had the plus size bikini body that I desired and shortly after I was pregnant 2 years in a row and gained the weight back so the swimsuits that I purchased even tho they fit are a bit small for my liking. I am in the gym now working out for health but have decided that until I get back to where I need to be I am still going to rock the body I have now on the beach and wherever else lollll. Since I have some vacations coming up I plan to get some new swimwear for the body I have now and some cute coverups. Not sure if I will post any swimwear on the blog as of yet because I am very modest when it comes to posting not fully clothed photos on the Net but I will definitely be rocking my curves in some cute swimwear this Spring/Summer. 
  • Deem EVERYTHING I wear "blog-worthy". Once upon a time when I was a newbie blogger, I thought certain things were blog post worthy and certain things weren't. I mean who really wanted to see my casual days with jeans and a tee? I see straight size bloggers do it all the time but it was almost as if there was an unspoken rule in plus size blogger world that we had to do twice as much. I read a fellow blogger saying that if you wear it it is blog worthy and I took those words to heart so you will definitely be seeing some simpler looks on the blog in 2014 jeans and a tee type looks done my way. If you noticed in 2013 I started wearing more jeans and casual looks on the blog and I liked it so that will definitely continue into this year. 
  • Wear repeat items more often on the blog. I am not the type of girl that wears things once and never again. I used to be when I was a heavy partier but thank GOODNESS I matured. I honestly wear most of the stuff that you see on my blog TO DEATH. If you see me out in the streets chances are I will have on something u saw me wear on the blog on and chances are u might run into me again with it on again!! I have no problem with recycling clothes especially if they are comfy but since I only take photos once a week sometimes twice u guys don't get to see my daily looks and it may seem like from looking at my posts that I don't re-wear my clothes. I can tell you YES I do...I wish had a real "photographer" to follow me around daily but my Husband only has so much time to snap my photos so I do what I can. But what I will try to do is wear things from the blog more often on the blog and link back to the way I wore it before so you can see how I restyle things. Deal? 


I think that about sums up what I plan to do in 2014 fashion wise. Did you have any fashion resolutions for 2014?

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

17 comments:

  1. yes girl I totally agree.. I learned years ago when I had a very brief stint as a Youtuber to post EVERY outfit. Eventhough there may be an outfit that you don't think is too special there are tons of people that will appreciate it. I also need to purchase more basics and pants. I have loads upon loads of tops but my bottoms wont cover even a third of them. Flats are on my list as well

    www.webreaktrends.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love this! I agree everything's blog worthy! Sometimes we second guess our fits too much.

    www.Thestylejunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure do and some people are more inspired by the simpler looks!!!

      Delete
  3. I really you on the "deem everything blog worthy" its soon to be a yr for me blogging and i struggle with this exact thing. Oh and btw i have also started wearimg flats more! Kudos on these new years resolutions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Demita!!!!!!! Girl and I've been blogging like 2 years now and it's still a struggle we are gonna get it together tho :)

      Delete
  4. Love this post and I'm looking forward to the 2014 changes.. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to get some stylish workout outfits hopefully that will get me to the gym more regular...and I think we all as plus size women really try to go the extra mile with our outfits so I going to strive to wear more jeans and tees also...keep the casual OOTD's coming they are very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am trying to do some of these same things for this year! I want to extend my wardrobe more!

    Brittany x
    www.BrillianceOfB.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too girlie! Thanks for stopping by I pinned ur last outfit on my pinterest!

      Delete
  7. I need to start wearing more than the same 5 pairs of shoes...I have at least 20 pairs of shoes that I have either only worn once or haven't worn at all. That needs to change.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! I am in total agreement with you regarding the "repeating outfits more often post". Yes, recycling is my thing. Turning summer tops into winter tops with a sweater is my thing! I also don't like to purchase flats due to the fact they they hurt my feet, and that they cost too much. Girl make sure to post when and where you find some good flats!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!