Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Casual Diaries: Prison Stripes

Hey Fashion Lovers,

I'm back today with another casual look. I told you guys I'm working on developing my casual style so on date night last weekend, I rocked my favorite black and white prison stripe top, some black jeans, my black and white tote, and some red pumps. You can never go wrong with this classic color combo.I didn't feel like any other accessory was needed other than the tote I'm carrying.

I saw the jeans in Ashley Stewart on sale for 20 bucks and decided to get them since I didn't have any black jeans. I am still on the hunt for some true skinny black jeans in plus size, but these will do for now. I love the stretch in them and the construction because they are thicker than the jegging type jeans but I do wish the ankle was skinnier.

I have noticed lately that I have been getting major inspiration from simple looks. I think it has something to do with me getting older but I can see my wardrobe transitioning to more simple but effective pieces. I'm trying to make sure my closets are 80/20...80 percent work and everyday wear and 20 percent club/concert/still got it outfits. I see so much hot stuff but if I can't see myself wearing it more than once or twice, I pass on it now #maturity. After purging my closets I never want it to be filled back up with items that were a waste of money. You guys will definitely be seeing many more simple casual looks on the blog in the future.












Top-Wet Seal
Jeans-Ashley Stewart
Bag-New Look
Shoes-Steve Madden

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

42 comments:

  1. Once you throw on those shoes and bag, its a hot outfit. Its simple but its still very fashion forward ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. im a fan of monochrome and with those shoes you really take it to another level - great look :)
    http://thickfitandfabulous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Basil E. FrankweilerSeptember 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM

    I love the Tripp Skinny pants from Torrid. Pure black, very skinny, and don't lose their shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look stunning darling! have a wonderful labor day holiday :) and happy new month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like me as far as wearing simpler pieces nowadays lol. Well, love the look and the red pumps are a definite closet keeper!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!!!!!! Yes I'm just about anything I can throw on stay comfy and still look pulled together.

      Delete
  6. You sound like me as far as wearing simpler pieces nowadays lol. Well, love the look and the red pumps are a definite closet keeper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look and shoes are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute and classic black and white with the red.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! Love the red shoes. I know I'll be seeing them again. . .Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yes you will I'm gonna wear these bad boys out! lollllll

      Delete
  10. Yes ma'am I love it simple is the new chic lol I love how you can grab for simple pieces & create a fabulous outfit !

    ReplyDelete
  11. You nailed it, you look great! The lip and shoes pop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh. You look amazing. Love this outfit. Have you tried the curvy skinny jeans from Torrid or Jcpenney? they are both fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I have tried some at JCPenney and they fit really good I just need to find a black pair in there.

      Delete
  13. Simple is sexy. I am loving all things black and white too! You look very pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just purchased and similar shirt and thought I looked liked a Footlocker employee in it, lol. You can never go wrong with stripes especially black and white, love the top and the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr I was a bit apprehensive about wearing this one since the stripes are so huge but I ended up loving it. Thanks!!!

      Delete
  15. theres nothing more sexy than a confident girl. u look good chick x

    kerrimelcream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like your 80/20 rule! My closet had also been in a deep transition phase.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello there,Ciao...first times here and enjoyed visiting your blog...you have a fabolus Style indeed...by the way,I like this outfit...perfect blend of colours...and the Red Shoes are incredibly Sexy!
    cheers!
    greetings from Italy
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!