Total Pageviews

Friday, July 5, 2013

22 days Til 30

Hi Fashion Lovers,

This is a different kind of post from usual. It's almost my 30th Birthday and I'm sitting here like O_O....when the hell did I get old??!!!!!!!!!!! No seriously tho..when did this happen? As I get closer to the next milestone in this thing called life I can say that I'm pretty grateful for all of the things that I went through in my 20s. A lot of women never tell their age but I don't really care about that. I'm just thankful I don't LOOK like what I've been through.

You guys see pictures of my outfits and you may think I have this glamorous perfect life but I can assure you I have gone through the same crap as a lot of other 20somethings...I partied too much, gained some weight, went on some tragic dates, changed my hair more times than I can remember, did some AWFUL makeup on myself when I was experimenting, had some AWFUL outfits when I was discovering my personal style , lost weight, gained it back again after pregnancy, I have gone through it ALL. I say that to say this: If you are still in your 20s don't be so hard on yourself. We make mistakes so we can learn and grow so don't expect to live a perfect life. Take some risks whether it's with clothes, hair, makeup, men, women.....just take one.

I have learned that it's best to have goals so your life can have some direction but don't beat yourself up if you don't meet them all when you said that you were. In my early 20s I detested marriage and never thought I would get married but who knew I'd get married the year before I turned 30 lollllll. We never know what life has in store for us so just life it to the fullest so you won't be old with regrets.

I can truly say I had the best 20s a girl could ask for and I'm looking forward to seeing what 30 has in store for me. One thing I can say is at almost 30 I feel sexier than ever without having to wear the mini skirts and dresses I was known for in my 20s. I still love my high heels and I don't think they will be going anywhere until my 50s but I am definitely ready to hit this milestone and take you guys along for the ride.


Do you feel any different in your 30s than you did in your 20's? Share some of your milestone moments with me.



Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel much more reserved in my 30's. Althought I'm still "finding myself" :-/ I should be found by now lol I know now what I deserve and what I will accept from men. Still undecided about marriage and kids, but who knows what tomorrow holds. I'll be 31 in August, and it's a lot I thought (as a teenager) that I'd have accomplished by now, but as they say, getting older is better than the alternative...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely am feeling more reserved as well and honey I think the day we stop finding ourselves is the day we die. I hope to continue to keep learning and growing. Thanks for stopping by!!!

      Delete
  3. I already hit my "dirty 30s" back in January. I still think of myself as a big kid than a grown adult.

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lollllllll they say you are only as old as you feel. If that's the case I'm 16 :)

      Delete
  4. I hit the Flirty 30s last October. One major change for me is I don't go to clubs anymore. Now you know I shut the club down in my college days lol!!! I like to go to bars and lounges now and have a few drinks... I will go to upscale parties or specialty events.. I used to be a wild child in my 20s so now I'm more reserved.. Love and relationships I was a serial dater in my 20s and now I'm more selective in who I date. I now know what I want from my potential mate and now I'm more vocal in speaking my feelings and concerns.. As far as children I would like to have 2 but I don't want to raise teenagers in my 50s hahaha :). My 20s I learned so much about myself and I know the 30s will be an awesome journey!!! I do know this I don't look or feel like a 30 year old single woman lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday when it comes. Remember 40 is the new 30, so you will be hitting your twentys soon...............LOL..LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The biggest lesson of my 30s is being comfortable in who I am...no more of that fake it till you make it stuff." But learning and walking in who I REALLY Am because she is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't sweat it girl! You feel as young as you are on the inside. When I turned 18, someone asked me how I felt...the same! And I said I'd be a kid at heart forever...still holding to it! When I turned 21 and 25...still felt the same. And now, at 35 (soon to be 36), I still feel the same. Your age doesn't change who you are at all. You will always be a wonderfully beautiful young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy early bday! You're only as old as you feel right? I had a lot of life experiences in my younger years that people probably wouldn't believe that have help mold me into the woman I am now. At 32 I'm more certain of the things I want and expect, I more comfortable in the skin I'm in, and I'm all around happy and blessed to be given the opportunity to get older. I look forward to seeing what else life has to offer. With all that being said, embrace it girl! Things just get better with age!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!