Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Twist On Simple

Hi Fashion Lovers,

I had a great time yesterday celebrating my sister's Birthday. Luckily her off day at work fell on her Birthday and I had already taken the day off just because. We had a blast shopping, dining on some yummy food, and just spending quality time together.

Since she was the Birthday girl I decided to dress very low key and let her dinner dress have all the shine. I decided to rock a black maxi and for added interest I teamed it with a gold hardware belt with twist detail on it. I've had this belt at least 6 months if not more and never really liked it with anything but when I tried it on with this maxi I loved it!!!




The chicken and waffles were divine. I hate chocolate cake but my sister said it was amazing! Overall she had an awesome day filled with lots of love and gifts :) We will most definitely keep the party going this weekend  so stay tuned for party pics!!! 

Dress-F21+
Belt-Asos (sold out) 


Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

42 comments:

  1. Love that belt! A good belt can really take a simple outfit up a few notches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful girls! HAPPY BELATED SIS!!!

    Jhanelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous.. you look so elegant and regal.. you got me considering that belt now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I definitely felt regal in this ensemble.

      Delete
  4. This outfit has changed my mind regarding maxi dresses; now I have to go shopping! Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that I could change your mind (and mine as well) by stepping of the box s little with the belt. Happy shopping!

      Delete
  5. I love your dress, the belt is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love this look on u babe n that chicken waffles omg

    My blog here www.IslandChic77.Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and OH EM GEE it was as good as it looks I promise! lolll

      Delete
  7. You are looking amazing!! You are glowing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun I think the married life has me glowing :)

      Delete
  8. Your always on point! Outfit bangin & a pretty smile to boot xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your Sis are beautiful! Tell her happy belated. I love the idea of a belt with a Maxi dress; never thought of doing that. That food looks delicious. I LOVE ME SOME FOOD! LOL
    Great post!

    www.nickiesniche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I love me some food too!!!!I sure will tell her!!

      Delete
  11. You looked stunning! Tell your sis happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your "simple" look! Glad you ladies had a great time. (And that nail color is hott)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that belt. It definitely adds a little flavor

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love maxis esp. black maxis(I'm wearing one atm).
    You made a maxi look super fab n sexy.
    Oh n that belt...love!
    Looks like they were made for each other(d belt n d gown). :D

    Happy Belated Birthday to ur sis.

    http://justporsh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look gorgeous !!! love the dress and the belt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute look! And that chicken and waffle meal....YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. aww happy belated bday to your sister, you look so cuteeeeeeeee love the outfit

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy blated to your sister, but you and that dress gurl!!! FIERRRCEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This belt is really cool. I've been thinking whether to get one of these. Btw, lovely blog. I like the idea behind it and I think we need more bloggers like you who appreciate women's body :)

    xoxo Gozika
    http://gozikasjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!