Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Southern Shrimp and Cheese Grits

Hi Guys!!

Yesterday my Husband and I celebrated 30 days of marriage. In honor of it, he asked me to make my signature Shrimp and Grits because that's one of his favorite meals.





 After I posted a picture of it online, several of you asked for the recipe so here goes:

This is what you will need:
For the Grits:
1 cup of chicken broth
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of half and half
1/2 cup of grits (5 minute cooking grits)
1-2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese (I use Velveeta)
2 pound bag of frozen cocktail shrimp (I get the precooked kind to save time during the week)
Tony Cachere's Creole Seasoning
Old Bay Seasoning
Garlic Powder
Minced onion
Parsley flakes

To prepare shrimp: I season the shrimp with Tony Cachere Creole Seasoning, Old Bay seasoning, a pinch of garlic powder and minced onion.I use a generous amount of parsley flakes.I don't measure the seasonings at all so season to your taste. Saute shrimp for 7-10 minutes.

In a saucepan, pour the chicken broth, half and half, and water and bring to a boil. After it has come to a boil, pour in the grits thurn them on low and let them simmer for 10-15 minutes. Continue to stir them until they get done to avoid lumpy grits. If the grits are too thin for your taste add more grits to thicken them but I find that with this amount they come out very creamy and smooth but not watery. When they are almost done add the cheese and butter.

After they are both done just put the grits on a plate and top it with shrimp. I think presentation is everything so I am kind of OCD about having my food arranged neatly on plates.

I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. Try it and write me back and let me know if you like it. If you guys would like more recipes in the future just let me know. ♥


Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

14 comments:

  1. I love shrimp & grits!! This looks amazing & congrats on 30 days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...Shrimps. I haven't had shrimps & grits in a very long time. Thanks to you I will have some on the weekend. BTW..Happy 30days every month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlllll, that thang look so good!! My mouth literally started watering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl that looks good ... I have been looking for a shrimp and grit recipe... Congratz on first month of marriage !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bookmarking this! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!