Total Pageviews

Friday, January 11, 2013

2013 Fashion Resolutions


Hi Guys, 

Every new year people make tons of resolutions ..many of which they don't keep....and I opt out of New Year's resolutions because I make goals and resolutions daily. However, this year I wanted to change things up a bit and make some fashion and beauty resolutions for myself. In 2013 these are some things I want to do


  • TRY to wear more flats ( I despise flats unless they are absolutely necessary but I'm going to try to have an open mind about them for 2013)
  • Reorganize my closets so I can see everything that I own. I have my shoes organized amazing but my clothes are another story. I need to get those reorganized so that I can see everything that I have. 
  • Start back wearing lipstick. This year, I have been stuck on the clear lipgloss and in 2013 I want to start back experimenting with lipcolor.
  • Use one of my gazillion makeup palettes I have with colors other than brown. At one point I used to wear all sorts of colored shadows and at some point I just stopped experimenting and started wearing only nudes and browns on my eye. I definitely want to try out some colored shadows this Spring. 
  • Buy more jeans. I rarely wear pants, but this year you guys will see more looks with leggings and jeans. 
  • Buy more classic heels. In my early 20s I loved trendy heels..now as I get older I still love my heels super high but I tend to reach for more classic silhouettes and styles that can go from the office to date night. When I did a closet purge, last Spring I got rid of about 4 bags of shoes some of which I hated so much because they were trendy at one time and I didn't like the style anymore. I don't want to have to go through that again.
  • Experiment with hair color this Summer. I mainly keep my hair black so this Summer I think I'm gonna try some color at least once.
  • Get some stylish gym clothes. I look a MESS when I workout..mainly because I'm more focused on my workout than on being stylish but this year I will invest in gym clothes that make me feel as fabulous as my regular clothes. 
These are just a few of the fashion resolutions that I've made for myself this year. Do you have any fashion resolutions. Anything new you want to try that you have been too afraid to try in the past? 



Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

14 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the stylish gym clothes. Usually, I don't care what I wear to the gym. I'm there to workout not look cute but I may consider somewhat of a more "stylish" wardrobe instead of baggy sweatpants and a t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stylish gym clothes resolution!! I'm in the process of doing the same thing. Sometimes when I'm listening to music as I workout, I use the treadmill as my runway and I want to look FAB! lol!

    I haven't made any fashion resolutions, but I do want to try to buy more pieces that transition throughout the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is just to continue to embrace my curves and to stay classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My only resolution pertaining to fashion is to spend wisely so I could save. I love all your resolutions and would definitely try to adopt them this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With flats try the pointed-toe flats...they are the most like heels...and try flats in cool colors or that have cool prints!
    I want to invest time and money taloring my pieces...I/2 the battle with the perfect look is fit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I feel you on the un-used make up palettes! Ugh I have so many!
    I'm not a jeans person neither and I don't intend to become one! I have 2 pairs and that is enough,lol.
    Straight legged jeans are the best though for us curvy ladies!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try some casual looks and reorganizing my closet is an ongoing resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This year I plan to step out of my comfort zone when it comes to pattern mixing and color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all great ones! I'm going to playing with more lip colors as well so hopefully we can inspire each other! Check out the plum lip I rocked last night when you get a chance.

    P.S. Love your blog! You have great style!

    Stay fab! xx

    stilettojetset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author.

    I will always bookmark your blog and will come back in the foreseeable future.

    I want to encourage that you continue your great writing, have
    a nice morning!

    my blog post; bmi chart female

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a topic that is close to my heart... Take care!
    Exactly where are your contact details though?

    Look at my site: dr drum review

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spectacular job with your internet site. Keep up because of the fabulous work.


    Feel free to visit my web-site :: acne pimple natural treatment

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll immediately seize your rss as I can't in finding your
    email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Kindly permit me know so that I may just subscribe.
    Thanks.

    Feel free to visit my blog post - skinception

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my
    blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    my web blog eyelasticity amazon ()

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!