Total Pageviews

Monday, October 1, 2012

The Color Purple

Happy Monday!!

Can u believe it's October??!!! OMG this year is getting out of  here!!

This weekend I was in a lazy mood so I lived in Maxis, loafers and wore my hair pinned to one side. Since the mornings are a little cooler now, I start off wearing a blazer and towards the end of the day I pull it off if it gets too hot.

This weekend I wanted to show you guys how to look chic and classic even on your lazy and don't feel like wearing heels days. I wore my all time fave color combo: black and white and I think my white blazer made my black maxi look so polished.I decided to let the focus be on my custom purple ribbon necklace that I've had for literally years. At one point I wore nothing but custom made jewelry so I am digging back into my jewelry boxes and pulling out my old unique pieces to mix with my newer things. One thing I like about closet shopping is you don't end up looking like a clone of everyone else. I love to inspire and be inspired but I like to always have one element that will make me stand apart from anyone else.

I also chose The Color Purple as my title because it's one of my FAVORITE movies!!! I always felt like I could relate to the character Nettie and I really empathized with Celie. Everytime I watch that movie, I am reminded that no matter what the circumstance is LOVE truly conquers all and trouble doesn't last always. My favorite line was when Nettie said: " I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it. People think pleasing God is all God cares about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back"

Enjoy the pics!!!! (There was a phantom ghost that showed up in a few of my pictures so my apologies)














Dress- F21+ / Blazer -Fashion To Figure/ Necklace- Super Old ???


Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

36 comments:

  1. You pulled this look off beautifully! I have that same maxi and I will wear it to work with a blazer or a cardi. Comfy and chic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that necklace
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Pretty Lady :).. I love Purple as well and it adds the perfect pop of color to a black and white look. You look great.

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an original piece that necklace! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that dress could literally be worn with EVERYTHING!!!! love.
    xo-
    sabrina
    www.samplesize16.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so pretty!


    www.fancycurves.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! The white blazer looks really crisp with the black maxi and the purple necklace is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wonderful necklace makes the whole outfit shine, my always gorgeous friend, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am totally obsessed with the necklace. It is so absolutely amazing. WOW! Purple is my favourite colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The necklace is lovely, I like the pop of color it gives your outfit, You look FAB as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, I love this!!! That purple looks so great on you! Is that a necklace? hotness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dezzy!!!!!!!!! Yes it is a necklace :)

      Delete
  12. Purple is an amazing color I almost made it my wedding color as it pops!! And it looks amazing on you....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would so rock that necklace, very cute and I love purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. loveeee that necklace! purple is fav color!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in envy of the fact you got to wear your white blazer. Love how you styled it! Next time I get a chance I'm wearing mine....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how u styled...u look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Purple is my favorite color so you already know I love this!!!

    ~Sherine
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cuteeeeeeee I freakin love your nails btw

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!