Total Pageviews

Monday, October 22, 2012

Dotted Stripes

Good Morning loves!!!

This past weekend was Homecoming in my city. Even tho I graduated from a SEC University and not an HBCU, I live in a city that has an HBCU and my sister graduated from there.We rarely go to clubs anymore mainly because they are so ratchet here, but we decided to go out anyway. Needless to say, I wish I had just stayed home but that is a whole other story. It was exactly what I expected and that isn't much. The bright side was that it felt like Summer this weekend in my city. I don't care if Fall ever comes loll.

I am forever taking risks, and this weekend was no exception. I decided to mix polka dots and stripes. Since the outfit was so busy I decided to forego accessories and decided to rock a statement heel. You guys KNOW how I feel about shoes!!!! The skirt and shirt have both been in my closet for over a year and the shoes were a gift from my fiance about 3 months ago. I am still shopping my closet until my wedding (ok I still buy shoes) and I think I will continue to do so after the wedding. It feels good not to buy so many frivolous things all the time just to have them sit in my closet for months and months.










Skirt- Haute Fox, Top- TJ Maxx  Shoes-Gifted (DSW)


What do you think?





Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO




45 comments:

  1. love love. that heel is just superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes honey..you better werk! I love the pattern micing and those shoes are SO FABULOUS!!!

    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pattern mix! The combo is perfect and fab statement heels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this fit!!!!! Definitely feeling the shoes!!! Thanks for the inspiration to step out and mix up patterns!! I'm going to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kira!!!! I'm glad u were inspired!

      Delete
  5. Nothing like a curve hugging striped skirt!! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look Boo!!! That skirt is haute!!!!

    www.curvysoutherner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mixing of prints and those shoes really complements the outfit...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute top! love it!
    www.miouprincesslovespink.blogspot.gr
    www.facebook.com/miouprincesslovespink

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those heels!!! Cute look! I know what you mean about the club, when ever i finally decide to go, I am remember why i stopped going lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ebony ikr omggggggggggg it was soo soo soo terrible.

      Delete
  10. We have the same skirt!! And I want those heels!! You look beautiful!

    www.bigbonedstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it... Thats shoe is the bizness..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pattern mixing. Such a fabulous look and those shoes are cute cute cute!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOOOOOOVVVEE the skirt!!! I've been searching for a great fitting black/white skirt for awhile now and have yet to find one :/ lol Have a great week!!

    http://traviesa-nicalica.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mixing is perfection, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    love your bigger photos.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sacramento!!! I made them larger after you suggested it. Thanks for your feedback as always!!!

      Delete
  15. Perfection!! Awesome job mixing patterns chica! I actually mixed different color polka dots on Sunday and it came out super cute it is my next post......;0)

    www.fancycurves.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. boom ting! Nice blend of colours... I like!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im loving this look! Yes YES Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the look!

    Those shoes are fab fab fab!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those heels boo!! You are killing it! You better work!!

    -Cherrie
    CherrieAmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girl I have a skirt JUST like this! Still dont know what to do with it...you got the wheels turning! You look super cute and the heels are fiyah!

    Much love,
    Tiff

    lacenleopard.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG!!!!!! Amazing, i really love it.

    xoxo

    http://afrovaidosas.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm looking for a navy blue striped skirt. Similar to yours. Meanwhile, nice way to mix patterns. And I'm also over the club scene. I'm more of a lounge/house party kinda girl now.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!