A lot of people are going back and forth with the no white after Labor Day rule. I think it's totally absurd, old fashioned, and a bit silly. The no white after Labor Day rule has it's place in History but as times change and obviously fashion is ever changing, I simply don't see the need to practice ancient fashion rules.
I consider myself a rule breaker in a sense and I often wear things that are not "supposed" to be worn by plus size women: stripes, large prints, etc. I will continue to break the rules this Fall and Winter and wear White as much as I please.
Here are a few ways to wear white after Labor Day:
- You can still wear white jeans, but retire white pants made of lightweight material such as linen.
- Pair your white jeans with darker hued Fall colors like Bugundy or Hunter Green.
- Black and White will always be a classic so pair your white jeans with a black turtleneck for a classic look.
- Wear winter accessories with your white: Dark colored Scarves, Purses, Fedoras, and Boots. I LOVE gold accessories in the Fall and winter.
- Pair a crisp white shirt with a fur vest
- Try a cream Mohair Sweater and pair it with faux leather pants
- If all else fails, a white/cream blazer or trenchcoat is an easy way to incorporate white into your winter wardrobe!!!
What are your thoughts on wearing White in the Winter? Are you traditional or are you a rulebreaker?
Until Next Time,