Total Pageviews

Monday, August 6, 2012

Birds Of A Feather

Good morning lovelies!!!!!!

OMG can u guys believe it's August already???!!! The months are passing by sooo fast it will be Christmas before we know it!!! I'm looking forward to Fall but most definitely not looking forward to Winter.

My sister took me out to dinner for my Birthday and I went closet shopping for this outfit. Since planning my wedding, shopping on a dime and closet shopping has brought out so much creativity I'm positive that after the wedding, I will never again be an impulse buyer.

I found this shirt on sale and when I saw the beautiful peacock feather detailing I knew it had to be mine!!! I needed more tops in my wardrobe and I love this one because it can be dressed up or down but still make a statement alone. I love the empire waist and peplum like detail as well as it is very figure flattering and slimming in my opinion. I paired it with a cobalt blue skirt that had never been worn before and turquoise heels. I realized after I tried the skirt on that I had a statement necklace( I love this necklace so much I have it in like 5 colors) that had some of the same colors in it,and when I tried them on together I heard music coming from Fashion Heaven. I always stress how important it is to buy different items in different colors even if you have nothing to match it because at the end of the day it will end up matching SOMETHING in your closet. It has never failed for me and I end up with some of the most unique looks from mixing and matching.

GEDC0039













What I Wore: Top- Fushia Love/ Skirt- Forever 21/ Shoes- Gifted/ Necklace- Ebay 

What do you think of this look?

Until Next Time, 
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

74 comments:

  1. Love your necklace :-)

    XX,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous look, love the necklace
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's bright and fun and very you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blouse, the style, colors, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These bold colors are amazing! Love that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this bold look! The necklace is so cute as well. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hearing the music from Fashion Heaven too! LOVELY. With gems like these hidden in your closet, no need to shop the stores :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Economy!!! ikr I am sooo over shopping! loll

      Delete
  8. This feather top looks great on you. Of course, I have to give extra credit because you wear blue (my favorite color) so beautifully with this skirt and those peep-toe pumps. Amazing looks!

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look right here is to damn cute. Do it sister....... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors in this top!! You accessorized the outfit very well too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fact that you are not afraid to wear colors and they always look fabulous on you. That necklace is banging and it totally completes the outfit. Love your whole look...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that top. Very cute look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I'm gonna hunt down that necklace on eBay. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the necklace and I have that skirt =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are the queen of color and you work it every time! You look great. Girl, I totally identify with shopping your closet due to weddings and such. Have you set a date yet?

    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll it will be on March 20, 2013.

      Delete
  16. Cute look! If you hadn't said anything, I would've thought the necklace was a part of the shirt they go together so well!

    ~JuJu

    jujumonee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr!! I couldn't believe it myself!!! Thanks doll!

      Delete
  17. Love the top! And the necklace is so perfect it almost looks like it's apart of the top. Happy belated birthday lady

    ~Sherine
    Stop by and say HI!
    Confessions Of A City Girl 

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the look!! That shirt is gorgeous, I love the colors. And that necklace is HOTT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how colorful you always are. Women of color should not be afraid to step outside the box! You did that girl!!

    www.curviebirdie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe!!!!!!! They sure shouldn't!!!

      Delete
  20. OMG!!!!!! U R werrrk'n those colors!!!!! Fabulous!!!!!

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look great, these colors look so pretty on you!

    xoxo
    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love how you rock blue. so sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute colors. You know I love that necklace I have the same one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are always looking adorb! I absolutely love these colors on you!
    -Brittany

    www.midweekescape.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving the cobalt blue boo!

    www.lacenleopard.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a colourful and cute outfit, You look so great, You always seem to outdo yourself each time. I love it!


    I am already following you via GFC, Please follow me back via GFC at http://allofthatgoodstuff.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  27. this outfit is so vibrant; i love it! the necklace is gorgeous x

    www.thatgoodgirlchi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. These colors compliment you well. Pretty pics!!!!

    www.fancycurves.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very cute look girl! Love the splash of color going on!

    xoxo TY

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are rockin those colors. I love the look and will be back to see more. . .You are listed on my Blog: http://mykurves.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!