Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Star Spangled Bowties- Fourth of July OOTD

Happy Thursday Ladies!!!

I had a great time yesterday with my family ...so much so that I took the rest of the week off work lolllllll. That's right I'm in PJs right now while you are sneaking on Blogger at work right now :) Sometimes we all need a break from the workplace and time to just reflect and relax. That's exactly what I will be doing this weekend on my little mini Vacay this weekend. It will be the last vacation that I take until my Honeymoon next year so I'm definitely going to live it up before I get back on my strict budgeting.

This year I wanted to dress patriotic like I normally do on the Fourth, so I decided to go closet shopping to see what I could come up with. I knew the stars and striped shorts and the stars and the stars and striped leggings were definitely going to be popular so I decided to stray away from those choices and come up with something cool, casual (for me), but still somewhat unique. I love incorporating trends into my personal style but anything too trendy and you will end  up looking like clone and anyone that knows me knows that is one of my pet peeves. I found a red pencil skirt with tags still on it, a navy cami that had never been worn, and a denim vest that is ridiculously old. I paired it with my trusty Jessica Simpson pumps that are as comfortable as they are sky high and a sequined American Flag bowtie that I bought about 6 months ago.  I have been pondering when or if I was going to ever wear it and even contemplated on selling it but I'm glad I didn't because I love it now!!! Since I was feeling extra patriotic, I even wore a red lippie. Ruby Woo by MAC is one of my go to Red lippies.









Bowtie- Ebay (months ago)/ Vest- Ancient/ Top - F21+/ Skirt- Haute Fox/ Pumps- Jessica Simpson


I ended up really liking this outfit and I felt cool, stylish, and most definitely standout. Lemme know what you think!!!

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

30 comments:

  1. That bowtie is so cute! Love your patriotic look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures!! :)

    You look amazing :)

    Just stopped by your blog!
    Loved it instantly so I have no choice but to follow you around!!

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking gorgeous hun...you are working that skirt...love the bow tie too...so unexpected.
    NANCIEMWAI.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're killing it...LOVE the bowtie, I want one :)...great outfit for the fourth

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really like your bright blue polish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Verrrryyyy chic! I love your outfit! I like how you designed it around the bowtie without going overboard, which I saw too much of on yesterday! lol You're a beauty!

    ClassAKAlyChic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darlinggggg and yasss I saw a lot of that as well!

      Delete
  8. Great holiday outfit! I love the bowtie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are soooooooooooooo Stylish! I want your bow! You are beautiful girl <3! Please visit, comment and follow my blog at http://allofthatgoodstuff.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're gorgg! you give me confidence about my body :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are too adorable , and i loveee the bow tie. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!