Total Pageviews

Monday, July 2, 2012

A Ray Of Sunshine

Happy Monday ladies and gents!!!!


Yesterday was the first day of the BEST month of the year!!! Can u guess why??? No? Ok it's my Birthday month :) Even tho my Birthday is not until the 28th of this month,  I will most definitely will be taking my OOTD posts up a notch this month. For a girl who loves fashion a special Birthday dress is not enough, I want to look fab every single day of this Month. This birthday will be very significant for me because I will be entering the last year of my 20s and I definitely want to go into my 30s looking fierce and fly!! I do not plan on dressing old and frumpy until I'm old and frumpy and maybe not even then.

I wore this OOTD on a recent date with my fiance. I shopped my closet and found this peplum top that I've only worn once and paired it with a yellow skirt that I have only worn once or twice. For an additional pop of color I paired this ensemble with turquoise pumps, my trusty quilted black clutch, and a bullet bracelet to give it an edge. I keep stressing this---- STOP being afraid of color!!! Safe is BORING....take a RISK.

By the way, I hope you guys are seeing an improvement in the lighting on my pictures. I am trying to take all of my photos outside so you can see the details better. A better camera is on my Birthday wishlist, so hopefully my Fiance gets me every single thing I asked for
:)













Outfit Deets: Top: F2F/ Skirt- Wet Seal (old from when they had a plus size line)/ Shoes- Gifted/ Clutch- W Boutique/ Bullet Bracelet- Ebay 

I promise I didn't mean for my nail color to match, I just painted my nails my favorite shade of Blue in honor of the upcoming Holiday and it went perfect with my shoes!!! I love when things like that happen!!

What do you think of this look?


Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

73 comments:

  1. You look stunning
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yasss! I love it. Shopping your closet is the best, I always find things that I've totally forget about. Leo's UNITE! My birthday is on the 24th , a dslr is on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!!!!! I am having the time of my life rediscovering old stuff!!! Yayyyyyyy #teamLEO I will even take an SLR!!!

      Delete
  3. Cant wait to see your looks for this month. You look hot though. The combo on this is so dope, and I love that my ladies who are in their late twenties is still killing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the peplum with the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yellow and blue together just blows my mind, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    You are IT!!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so damn awesome! You look amazing :)love peplums!

    Young, Wilde & Free
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bustier top with the yellow and pop of blue! You lool stunning doll, and Happy Birthday Month :) Look forward to seeing all your fab look.

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  8. That top is AMAZING! Happy birthday month :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bomb.com love all the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit! Can you please do a post on the undergarments you use (if you haven't already done so). I would love to be able to wear a strapless top/dress, but can't seem to find anything that fits that well. Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!! I haven't done a post on it because I don't wear shapewear or shapers (if that's what you mean by undergarments), but I do want to try some in the future I'm just afraid of being uncomfortable in them. The only thing that I am wearing is a strapless bra that I got from Ross. The peplum style is very forgiving and slimming.

      Delete
  11. Cute outfit! I really like that peplum top/// I dont have any in my closet!

    And I'm thinking about doing an OOTD of that floral number :-)

    ~Sherine
    Stop by and say HI!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherine!! Girl u need at LEAST one!!

      Delete
  12. yellow is soo your color!!looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iman I love it sooo much!! I recently ordered a yellow dress but it didn't work out for me :(

      Delete
  13. Oh wow you look hot! Love the yellow skirt paired with the blackand white top! I always celebrate my entire birth month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're working it girl! I love this top!! Let me know if you'd like to follow each other via GFC :)

    aloveaffairwithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute outfit! I love the unexpected choice for your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great minds indeed u look amazing girl :-)
    ~Sandee
    Http://www.curvenvy.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love july as well! the best ever!
    I love your look, esp. your top - it makes you look even more gorgeous!
    I love your style it's not only about curves it's simply better with it

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just wore these same colors!! Looks great on you! :) You are killing 'em as usual, dear...

    CCG
    ccurlgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous colours and u pull them off beautifully

    Ivy
    http://notsopoisonous-ivy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This look is really pretty. Can you post links to the items website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!! I usually try to post the links if the item is still available. If it is sold out I don't.

      Delete
  21. Love the colors... you are gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to see what the entire month holds!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. July is my birth month too. And I just love thiis outfit. Go July, Go July. lol

    http://myafricancloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love, love, love. You look great! I have a black and gray peplum top like that

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay for July b-days! Mine is the 21st. I love all the colors, HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  25. omg I sooo love all the contrasting that's going on here! that striped top complements the yellow skirt very well & your nails just added even more POP to it!

    www.kart00nista.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous! I love everything about this outfit. You look great.

    Sam
    lilmissbuttercup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mikekisha Turner-JohnsonJuly 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM

    I gotta know where you get your clothes from I can never find colorful and sexy clothes for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always put where I got each item at the end of each blog post but my closet is a series of mixing and matching.....I buy separate pieces that catch my eye and one day they always end up matching something else in my closet.

      Delete
  28. Loving that outfit. Great combination! I wonder how it would have looked with a black shoe with sandle style wraps around the calf.

    ReplyDelete
  29. sooo , when are you letting me borrow this outfit?!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. hey i really love that shirt. but what is F2F?

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!