Total Pageviews

Monday, July 9, 2012

Mint Green Blues - Empressive Stylz Boutique Review

Hello ladies (and gents),

Color Blocking | Everybody, Everywear

This was a very exciting weekend for me. I love the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans and after a 2 year hiatus I FINALLY made it back this year!! I had a blast with my sister!! My favorite acts were Charlie Wilson, Trey Songz, and D'Angelo in that order. I wish I had bought tickets to see Mary J Blige the next night but I will hopefully see her next year. I originally said that I wasn't taking any pics on vacation  because I wanted to just relax but when I put on this dress that was gifted to be by Empressive Stylz Boutique for review I knew I just had to share it with you guys!!

This dress took me out of my comfort zone as I tend to stray away from bodycon dresses. I don't wear shapewear so the best thing for me is pencil skirts. Surprisingly tho, I loved the way this dress fit and how it looked on me. It was very cool and airy for one and I love the fit...it was fitted enough to make me feel sexy but loose enough that I was comfortable. I would suggest to order a size up from your normal size to prevent the "rising effect". I hate to see a woman tugging and pulling on  her dress trying to walk and I saw so many of my fellow curvy ladies at Essence tugging and pulling on dresses and skirts and looking so uncomfortable.


I initially paired this dress with a cobalt blue blazer and thought it looked tooo matchy matchy so I decided to highlight the cream blocks in the dress with a cream linen blazer that I thrifted last Winter but never wore. I chose to accessorize with some gold geometric earrings, mint green pumps that I bought recently ( WARNING: You will see these shoes a LOT as they are my new faves lollllll), and my fringe bag. My favorite part of this ensemble was the blazer because it brought everything together in my opinion and made the dress look more like my style....classic mixed with a little bit of trend.












My sister and I making silly faces before we left for Essence Fest


My sister rocked a FAB romper with gold accessories

She is like me with her shopping and has stuff forever before she rocks it....the romper she couldn't remember where she got it, the clutch is TJ Maxx (we have the same one), and the sequiin shoes are J Lo.......I think her cream, black, and gold was FIERCE!! 
Dress- Click Here To Purchase/ Purse, Shoes, Earrings - Ebay/ Blazer - Thrifted 
What do you think of this look?


Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

72 comments:

  1. Cute dress & Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so good! love the colors and the shoes and your sister looks lovely as well, I trust that you both enjoyed the concert/festival.
    enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashi and we had a blast!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. love the dress girl and the bag is gorge, the fringe detail is to die for.xx
    NANCIEMWAI.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the dress and the way you stlyed it with the white blazer! Looks so crisp and fun! Your sisters romper is cute too!

    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE VIBRANT COLOURS BLOW MY MIND, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.
    You are both such DOLLS!!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress on you!!! You should really consider buying more of them. They really flatter you :)

    Your sis looks cute in her romper too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!! I will definitely consider getting more on this style :)

      Delete
  7. You both look fantastic! I loooove your dress - especially with those shoes & that blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your sister are killing it in those outfits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DeeDee we definitely like to top it up a Notch during my Birthday month :)

      Delete
  9. Yes honey you murdered that look! That dress is so cute and I love it with the heels and the blazer. Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous ladies! You both look fabulous! I love the dress you are wearing too. You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. awwwwwwwww that's so sweet!!! Thanks Ashley!

      Delete
  12. that dress is beautiful!!! love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a gorgeous dress...the colors are so full of life!

    ~Tavia
    www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you look amazing. Love the dress and your shoes. And you sister looks so sexy ;-)

    XX,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, First of all, LOVE THAT DRESS!!! Secondly, you styled it beautifully. Finally, your sister is gorgeous. Clearly, it runs in the family.
    AJ

    http://myafricancloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. you and your sis look fierce! i love your dress and bag!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look amazing in that dress and the white blazer polishes the look so nicely! Sis looks pretty fierce too in her outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes Yes Yes!!! I LOVE this! The colors against the crisp white is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have that dress but in pink. I love how you styled yours with the blazer. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this dress is perfect. love it and the colours are just so brightly beautiful, well maybe because i'm loving blue. lol

    and your sister is hot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. your blog is really great <3 I love it <3 may we can follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So jeals of your Essence Festival trip. Me and the besties are headed ther next year. You look so pretty and please don't shy away from bodycon fit because you look AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am loving the color of your dress. So vibrant!! You look GORG!!! I'm mad I missed the Essence Festival this year. Next year...

    Nique {www.niqueinthemiddle.com}

    ReplyDelete
  24. ooooo mmmmm geeeeeee I need that dress you are wearing. you look positively STUNNING! Werk werk and more werk!

    Jen
    www.commecoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are so beautiful......i love that dress on you girl...And your sister is cute too...You guys really look alike! PLEASE VISIT,COMMENT AND FOLLOW MY BLOG AT http://allofthatgoodstuff.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  26. love your dress and your sis romper is too cute!

    xoxo
    Val
    http://valverdestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The dress is adorable.

    I love the pics of you and your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  28. both of you ladies are gorgeous, well dressed with fabulous hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look FAB and your sister is GORG!! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this outfit. You look awesome in the dress. You should definitely do bodycon more often! And PS I am absolutely OBSESSED with that bag. If you ever decide to put that on to Shop you Closet, please let me know :)

    XOXO

    jujumonee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JuJu!!! And I sure will let you know!!!!!!

      Delete
  32. Your shoes are awesome!! :) I love this look! And your sis looks fab, too!

    http://astyleinprogress.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. This outfit is very nice!! I love your shoes!!!!!!! You killed this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  34. i need those shoes in my life!!! oxox u look great =)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love you blog,
    Take a look at my blog,
    I hope you'll like it
    http://rosemode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. That dress is amazing on you!! Go you for reaching out of your comfort zone with it.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!