Total Pageviews

Monday, June 25, 2012

Mint Jeans with a side of Fringe

Good Morning ladies (and gents),

Today I wanted to show you how I rocked one of this season's hottest trends---mint. I've seen all kinds of mint this season but being plus size not only do you  have to worry about getting the trend in your size, but also making sure it flatters your body type. I know flattering is a word it seems a lot of plus size bloggers have a problem with but I like to look my very best. I already stand out because of my size, so I refuse to stand out in something that doesn't make the best of the body I have now.

This mint jean that was gifted to me from Fushia Love is actually hi-waisted but my stomach does not look great in hi-waist style pants or jeans (to me), so I paired it with a peplum style top I've had for at least 2 years before it was actually a "trend". This outfit was a perfect example of mixing old pieces with new ones to make a completely new look.. I opted for a Fringe bag for my statement accessory and a slim belt that actually came with a random skirt I own. I felt that any other jewelry was unnecessary for this look. This jean is very comfortable. If you are bottom heavy like me, I would suggest going a size up, otherwise this jean is true to size. It fits like a jegging.

If you are plus size and thought u couldn't wear a colored jean, think again. WE can rock every color of the rainbow and look damn good in them too :)











Outfit Deets: Top-F21 (old) / Jeans- Fushia Love/ Heels- Burlington/ Purse- Ebay

What do you think?

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

65 comments:

  1. You are beautiful
    Great blog, I am now following!
    Katie xx

    Dreaming of Forever.
    http://dreamingofforeverxkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jeans girl! You look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl bye! i'm lovin those jeans on you. and of course it works so well with the print top!

    xoxo
    Shay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe!!! U made me laugh!! lolll

      Delete
  4. looks so great! I love the mint jeans and the fringe bag!

    xo
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh...loving jeans in mint. I spy those purple nails too...they are a perfect accent with the colors/print in the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute look on you. The jeans are the perfect shade of mint and very slimming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those jeans are sooo cute, love the animal print with them. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to the website,didnt see my size. Is it just plus size? I would need an x large

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's only plus size. The smallest size is a 1x.

      Delete
  9. Love the outfit, the top goes great with the mint jeans. And I love the shoes, I am a big fan of bows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun!! And I am OBSESSED with bows they are soooooooo girly to me!!!

      Delete
  10. That purse is everything. You look so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous outfit! You look amazing in it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your jeans and your bag is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the mint color, btu most of all, its that bag girl :D love it!!!

    http://embellishedmemoriesdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love I couldn't figure out which one I loved the most either that's why I wore them both!! :)

      Delete
  14. cuteee! love the jeans and top together :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i adore ure pants that mint is everything

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute outfit and I absolutely NEED that bag!

    Faith
    www.showalittleleg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the whole look but the bag is IT!

    ~Tavia
    www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tavia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  18. Yasssss ma'am!!!!! U can't go wrong with mint and leo print this Summer and I'm loving the handbag!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yesss! I love it, mint green is one of my favorite colors! I'll probably be quoting you soon! lol "WE can rock every color of the rainbow and look damn good in them too"

    I love your blog!

    ClassAKAlyChic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwwwwwwwwwwww thanks love!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  20. The leopard and mint combination is so unique! I absolutely love this!

    NuSophisticate

    ReplyDelete
  21. Luv it Luv it Luv it. Great print and combo!! so chic!!

    http://elementsofavoluptuousbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love mint and totally agree with you about the "flattering" statement. It doesn't matter if you are a size 2 or 22 the rule applies.
    You look great!!!

    www.fancycurves.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this look!! Just a minute before reading your post I was thinking of getting a mint top!! The bag is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE your mint green jeans- too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You ROCK ANYTHING YOU WEAR.You are pure Style, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  26. Girl u are in mint condition Lol -corny I know. But for real the jeans with the bag is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kmsllllllllllllllll Thanks Kim that made me lol!!!

      Delete
  27. Oh loving the mint! Soooooo cute! I am so frightened of colored jeans...

    ~Sherine
    Stop by and say HI!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be scurred girl!!!! U better get u some!

      Delete
  28. The mint is just too cute! And I need that bag like pronto! Looking good girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Def just ordered the jeggings. As soon as I saw them, it was love at first sight! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loving the mint on you!! Looks great mama! Hope you had a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really like your style! And I love the fact that you take into consideration whether a piece is flattering or not just as much as if it's cute. I'm the same way! Gonna follow. Check out my blog. New to the blogosphere.

    JuJuMonee@blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  32. The mint denim is everything!Cute look
    http://natachaliliane.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!