Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'm Featured in Huffington Post!!!!!

Good Morning ladies,

I am SOOOO excited to announce that I was featured in the Huffington Post Article Spring's Brights and Lights: Neon and Pastels in Fashion. When Wendy Brandes contacted me about the feature I seriously thought it was a joke! I have only been blogging for 6 months and someone is going to put me in the Huffington Post? Yeah right..............

I love the fact that people like Wendy are showing people fashion is for ALL people regardless of shape or size and I will forever be grateful to her as this is my first feature in a major publication. Click Here To View the Article.
I decided to do my pastels with a thrifted blazer and super old corset top that I've had since college but just never wore it because of the weird color. I'm glad all old things become new once again because this corset was the key player in my corset look. I opted for a statement necklace in coordinating colors and decided on a nude shoe and nude clutch so since  the rest of my outfit was so colorful.
Here are a few candids from the pics I took for this feature:








Outfit Deets: Blazer- Thrifted / Corset Top- Victoria's Secret (super old)/ Skirt- F21+/ Necklace- Vendor at a Blues Festival/ Nude Heels- Jessica Simpson/ Clutch - Jessica Simpson 


Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

61 comments:

  1. woww this is great honey,congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Congrats! Cute color combination :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, you deserve it you have a true passion for fashion and use it to inspire, I've definitely benefited from it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Char!!! You are so very welcome!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Glad to see that curvy fashion can be celebrated! Keep doing your thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats so much Ma'am! MISS. USA IN THE HOUSE! And that necklace is AMAZING and goes great with the Neon Outfit! Great Look, Male Approved! - JT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg congratulations doll! You styled this look so well. I cant wait to see your feature!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's so exciting!!!! Congrats!

    ClassAKAlyChic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is super exciting!!! Thanks!!!

      Delete
  8. That's so amazing! I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chanel!!!! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the feature. Looking good girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look great! congrats to you :-)

    ~nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations... this is AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the feature hun
    I love your outfit, the necklace is gorgeous
    Kiwi ..x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! This outfit is styled to perfection.. love the hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! SOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!! IM REALLY EXCITED FOR YOU!

    HTTP://DREAMSTYLIST.BIGCARTEL.COM

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the feature! You look fabulous in this outfit!

    ~Tavia
    www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! I love the neon colors in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the outfit!!! And congrats! That is so exciting and major!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! Thats a major big deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. sexy as usual! congrats to you very exciting xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats Chick. You're blog has definitely inspired me. Check me out at www.fatshionsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!!!!!!!! I definitely will check you out!

      Delete
  21. Congratulations on your feature.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gosh, your killing it!! love your outfit

    ReplyDelete
  23. congrats on your feature! and i love that corset!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for participating! I do like to show a diverse selection of women. My next story is on high-heel/high-wedge sneakers if you've got 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on the post babe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome!!! Congrats girl!

    fancycurves.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on the article!!! Thanks for showing the world that G.R.I.T.S (Girls Raised in the South) do have awesome fashion sense!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!