Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Saturday ladies!!!

I usually don't post on the weekends but I just wanted to drop by and wish all of you and your Moms a Happy Mother's Day. This is a hard time for me as I lost my son at 37 weeks in October and a daughter last year at 34 weeks and it brought back painful memories, but I am a trooper and this too shall pass. I initially started not to blog about it but I wanted to let anyone that is reading my blog today know that if you went through a similar experience you are not alone. I know that my time for a family will come one day but in the meantime, I refuse to let any bad experiences I've had in life keep me down and make me a bitter person. I have learned not to dwell on the bad things because they have never and will never define me. On a positive note, I actually started blogging as a way to cope with losing my son and you guys will never know just how much your positive words and encouragement helped me through one of the toughest times in my life even tho you had no idea what I was going through. In honor of Mother's day I decided to share some pictures of my favorite celebrities and their Moms and also a recent picture of my Mother and I. I don't know where I would be if it had not been for my Mother and her persistence for me to excel in life. She definitely gets the credit for every accomplishment I've made because she never let me settle for "just enough to get by" or "good enough".







You may not recognize him but this is Pimp C. I am the biggest UGK fan in the world lollllllllll


and here is my Mom, my love, my best friend, my shopping buddy ...simply put my EVERYTHING!!!






HAPPYYYYYYYYYYY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL of Mothers and your beautiful Mothers!!! Cherish them while they are here because one day they won't be.

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

25 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. I have to say you always come across as so positive and upbeat in your posts, and it must have been so hard for you to keep smiling.

    A colleague of mine and his wife also lost a baby a couple of weeks before the due date, but i'm happy to say they had a beautiful healthy baby girl a year later.

    You'll be an amazing mother some day, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise it was very hard....especially since I had many facebook friends that knew I was preggers that dreaded: Where are the baby pictures question was the worst :( That is so great for them....hopefully the third time will be a charm for us. If not, we are going to adopt a baby. I sure hope so Louise I would love to have a huge family.

      Delete
    2. I can't imagine how hard it must have been, especially with all those questions :(. When the time is right it'll happen hun, one way or another :)

      Delete
  2. I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

    As you said, your day to have kids will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a true inspiration and so beautiful. God will bless you with more babies in time. And you and your mother are just adorable together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much AJ!! She is the main reason I have made it through these tough times!!

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss! I can relate to this post...I also lost my son when I was 22.5 weeks this past January! I love the pics of the celebs and their moms and you and your mom are so cute :)I love your blog and continue to stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwwwwww I'm sorry Fredetta!! :( Thanks hun and I most definitely will!

      Delete
  5. Hi there, I might not understand what you went through but just want to say my deep condolences for your loss. Your sweet babies are in heaven smiling down at you always:-) You will be an awesome mother some day. Stay positive. xo

    fromheadtoheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soooooo much!! I can't wait until my time!

      Delete
  6. Aww man. I am so sorry to hear that. I am happy that you are able to push through. That shows such strength! :) BTW. I love me some UGK too. R.I.P. Pimp C (and 2Pac as well.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Char!!! I always say when it can't get any worse it can't help but get better :) girllllll I have ALL the albums lolll

      Delete
  7. Aww what a cute post! Keep being strong, pray and be thankful for all that you have. Good things will come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my thats so sad, you are an inspiration, the fact that you have managed to have a positive attitude and keep up with this blog during your hard times! I am deeply touched that you shared something so personal, i believe that nothing happens before its time and your time will come!

    And I see where you get your flair for fashion, you have one stylish mum! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherry!!!! My mom is definitely the most stylish lady I know!

      Delete
  9. Jada Pinketts Mom is gorge as is yours, Happy Mothers day to your Momma!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope that your mothers day was great!!! sooo sorry to hear about your losses. Don't worry though, like you said, your time for a family will come soon

    www.sugarfilledcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear of your loss, thank you for sharing your story you are an inspiration
      to many women. I often visit your site and appreciate your style and upbeat attitude. I pray God grants you your hearts desire!

      Best,
      Sheila

      Delete
  11. Sorry, for your losses… may God Grace forever sustain you! And, you are right about cherishing your Mother! U only get one! ~God bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. JUST WANTED TO TELL U I AM SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS AND I ADMIRE YOUR STRENGTH OF SHARING UR FEELINGS WITH US IT JUST MAKES ME LOVE YOU MORE!!! YOU ARE AWESOME PRAYING FOR UR CONTINUED SUCCESS IN EVERYTHING YOU DO BOO!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!