Total Pageviews

Friday, May 4, 2012

Emerald City Meets Aztec

Hey ladies and gents,

As you know this past weekend, my sister graduated from college. For her graduation dinner, I decided to wear something that could transition from the office to a night out on the town since my last look was a club look.I want to make sure this blog continues to cater to the working woman as well as the social butterfly Diva.  When I saw this emerald green cowlneck top on Eloquii.com I immediately thought of my favorite movie The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy and her friends visited Emerald City. It was soooo gorgeous!!! Seriously, I'm so die hard I even follow the Wizard of Oz Blog.

Since I have apparently fallen victim to colorblocking, I decided to pair this emerald green top with my Cobalt blazer, and a black and white tribal pencil skirt that I've been dying to wear. This skirt actually came with a red skinny belt but I try not to wear anything "As is"...I always have to put my own spin on pieces so that I won't look like I came straight off the mannequin. I kept my accessorizing to a minimum with a cuff bracelet and matching ring since the print + the colorblocking is already a huge statement.








Outfit Deets: Blazer and Cowlneck - Eloquii/ Skirt- Fushia Love/                                                                   Cuff Bracelet and Ring- Ebay/ Shoes- Burlington 

What do you think of this look?

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

43 comments:

  1. I love this...The skirt is so cute! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love you have a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  2. that top is gorgeous i love that colour xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a nice outfit on you... Ilove the colors and the fit of that skirt is beautiful on you!!!! Such a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute outfit! I could definitely see myself wearing it to work. <3 the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE everything about this outfit! You look amazing in it! The blazer is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the print of this skirt, reminds me of houndstooth, but is better because it's unique. Also, the colors of your shirt and blazer are so pretty together and I'm digging the toe bows. Cute outfit as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are fantastic!! Love the pop of print with the skirt too!

    http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is one sophisticated yet fun outfit!
    Congrats to your sister!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, Love the skirt :)
    http://plussizebrittany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you look gorgeous, love the blazer and skirt.

    xoxo
    http://www.qhuleque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want this skirt badly!!!

    poutlipscurvyhips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she restocks some more my Mom wants one too!!

      Delete
  12. i really like the print on the skirt! black is white is always good, and a pop of color never hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooooooooooooo gorgeous always, ahhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl that houndstooth skirt is the bomb! Lovely look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely LOVE the ensemble! <3 Feel free to pass the skirt along...lol

    www.trendiconfessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie!!! It's on the way love!

      Delete
  16. The post's title may have emerald in it, but you shine like a diamond with this outfit. A diamond with a lovely blazer, an elegant top, a cute skirt, and some lovely peep-toe pumps, of course. :)

    johnbmarine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwwwww thanks John you are so sweet!

      Delete
  17. I love the color combo you have going on with the pattern! #nicccee

    ReplyDelete
  18. preciosa!! vaz muy guapa..besos si te gusta mi blog no seguimos

    besos linda

    www.trendyinmexico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!