Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Reader Question Answered: How To Dress My Pear Shape

Good Morning My Curvy Ladies,

Today I'm answering a reader question from my facebook fan page. She wants to know how to dress her pear shape to maximize her curves. For those if you who are unaware of what a Pear Shape is let's talk about it:


The pear shaped Body is the most common female body shape. If you hips and backside are wider than your shoulders then you have a pear shape. Pear shaped bodies typically have a smaller bustline. If you are bustier, depending on proportions you may actually be a hourglass shape. Thanks to this reader I found out I'm actually a pear shape!!!! :)

1. Focus on Your Upper Half. Pear Shaped Women should choose slim fitted tops, structured blazers, cardigans, and button down shirts.

2. Pay Attention To Cut-- A Line cuts best suit the pear shape (dresses, suits, etc).

3. Wide Leg Pants Are Your Friend. - Pants and Dresses with a wide hem can actually help balance a pear shaped body.

4. Experiment with different necklines- Plunging Necklines Elongates the body and draws the attention upward and away from your lower half.

Now these are some of the common by the book answers but I am a woman that's actually proud of my curves and I actually dress to emphasize rather than conceal my hips so my staples are fitted blazers, pencil skirts, peplum tops, and dresses with an empire waist. Sheath dresses are beautiful but since I have a tummy I stray away from sheath dresses unless I am pairing it with a blazer. I haven't tried a pair of flare leg jeans yet but I think skinny jeans work amazing on pear shapes as long as you pair them with a top that balances the bottom skinny proportions out. Belts that cinch the waist are amazing......skinny belts are trending now so grab as many of those as you can because the big bulky waist cinching belts can come across as tacky and outdated now (imo) so try to choose skinnier belts if not a true skinny belt and use it as a waist cincher.

I hope this helped darling!!!!!!!!!

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO



11 comments:

  1. Thank God Im pear :D
    Hi darling,I just found your blog,and I love it! I like the way you write your posts and choice of your photos.My old blog is was hacked,so I am following YOU now, because Im searching for new great blogs to follow.
    I will be honored if you come visit my blog and follow it if you like it :) Have a nice day :)
    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was a great post ! im sure this will help a lot of people : )

    xoxo, Shariece
    http://beautyorswaag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shareice!! I sure hope so!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much love!

      http://www.heandshestore.com

      Delete
  3. This is a fantastic post! I am going to pass it on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you dress a apple shaped figure?

    ReplyDelete
  5. In fact when someone doesn't understand afterward its up to other viewers that they will assist, so here it takes place.

    my site ... cheap party pills

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using? I'm going to start
    my own blog soon but I'm having a tough time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique.
    P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!



    Here is my web blog party pills cheap

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!