Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kitchen Files

Good Morning ladies!!

For those of you who don't know I love trying new things in the kitchen. I try to practice cooking as much as I can so that one day when we have a family I can be that cool soccer-mom that can whip up any meal in a Jiffy. This weekend I tried out something diff......Garlic Alfredo Tilapia. I have been eating a lot of fish, turkey, and chicken lately and it can get VERY boring eating the same foods all the time. I try to stay away from pork and beef as much as possible and substitute ground turkey for ground beef in recipes. This dish was very easy to make and tasted freakin amazing!!!



Ingredients

  • 4 tilapia fillets
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, or to taste (I used Tony Cachere) 
  •  
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced (or garlic powder because that's what I used)
  • 1 cup Alfredo sauce




Directions

  1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  2. Brush the tilapia fillets with oil on both sides, season with Creole seasoning to taste, then place into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until the flesh is no longer translucent, and the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic (or garlic powder), and cook until the garlic has softened and the aroma has mellowed, about 2 minutes. Stir in the Alfredo sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, and keep warm until the fish is ready. Pour the sauce over the fish to serve. Sprinkle with additional Creole seasoning if desired.



I made homemade three cheese mashed potatoes with mine and served it with garlic toast and corn on the cob. Needless to say, NONE was left.




Have you tried this or are you going to try it?

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOOXOXXOOXOXOXOXO

5 comments:

  1. OH MY LORDDDD!!! YUMMMY. i love that you post meals.

    I want to try!

    xoxoxo-

    sabrina
    www.samplesize16.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture made my mouth water lol...looks real good and I luvvvv Tilapia...So I'll have to try this recipe soon!!

    http://elementsofavoluptuousbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. I need something to perk up my fish, cause honey, i'm about over it. lol

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!