Total Pageviews

Monday, April 30, 2012

Celeb Inspired Mondrian Colorblocks

Good Morning ladies,

This weekend was super fun filled for me because my sister graduated from college so we had to hit the town in style!!! The dress I wore was definitely inspired by Nikki Minaj. Even tho I hate the direction her image is going in, I know that it is all marketing just like Lady Gaga and many other weirdo celebrity looks. When I saw her on this dress on Good Morning I fell in love:

and since I consider Nikki to be a curvy girl, I knew this look would be perfect for me. It is very challenging to find celebrity looks in our size so I was elated when I saw that F21 had a dress on a similar style and I got it as SOON as it appeared on the website because I knew it would be gone just as quickly as all of their other hot pieces. I wore an orange Jessica Simpson clutch, some custom earrings I've had forever that I got at a random outdoor festival from a Vendor, and a black blazer. I think if you have a tummy a this dress is BEST worn with a blazer for a more slimming effect. I do not like to have the side view looking a mess so I try to pick things that ensure that my outfit will look amazing from every angle.









Outfit DEETS: Dress- F21+, Blazer- Old, Shoes- Burlington, Clutch -Jessica Simpson, Earrings- Custom (bought from a random vendor at a Outdoors Festival) 




How did I do with my Nikki Inspired Look?

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

44 comments:

  1. Cute outfit
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!!!
    I like how the jacket balance out everything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great! Love the clutch.

    http://sagaofafatshionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress!

    ~ http://thecharnicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop, whoop! You look awesome!!! Love the dress and the addition of the blazer. Hot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool dress, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing!! I love all the bold colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colors Dear love that dress

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it!! you look so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute look, you definitely worked it. I saw that dress in F21 but i dont do strapless lol

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog, comment, and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look lovely doll!! That dress is definitely a must have! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great dress and the orange clutch. It's a lovely color.

    You look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWOWOWOW! This dress is FAB! I think you rocked it better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this dress is so dam hot on you!

    I have to get 1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go get it nowww doll!! They just put it back on the site today!!! I LOVEE it!!!!!

      Delete
  15. OMG! I love! The earings are to die for, Give it!!! :)

    -Rolanda
    #Asos Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look stunning, and I love your dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loooooooooooooove the dress!! You did AWESOME!!

    fancycurves.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was going to get that dress, but wasn't too sure about it, but now I'm definitely going to! Hopefully I pull it off just as great as you did!(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely will!! It's sooo fun to wear!

      Delete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!