Total Pageviews

Friday, February 17, 2012

How Could My Husband Be Gay Book Review

Good Morning my curvy Divas,

I am ending the week with a book review. I recently read How Could My Husband Be Gay. This book is an autobiographical novel about Ondrea Davis and her trials during her marriage. Ondrea married a man that her family disapproved of and went into the institution of marriage with blind eyes. Throughout this book u see a woman struggling to keep a marriage together that was doomed from the start. You see her go from independent to dependent on her parents for money and food even tho she was married. You see, the man that she married was not completely honest with her about his alternative lifestyle and sexual preferences. I don't see how one can see SO many red flags and just not do anything about them but I guess ignorance truly is bliss. For the most part while reading this book I felt no sympathy for her just anger for staying and allowing this man to deteriorate her self esteem in the way that he did. If you are looking for a fast read that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster...then this is most DEFINITELY the book for you. I commend Ms. Davis for putting her trials and tribulations on paper for all to see. It takes a brave individual to show the world your mistakes.




This book was only 1.99 on Kindle.

What do you think about down low men? Do you know anyone living on the down low?
Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

27 comments:

  1. This sounds good! it's amazing how reading can incite feelings like that!

    E. Louise

    www.shapelylouise.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the book review, i will try to find for my ipad
    I just found your blog via sacramento, i just love your great style

    I am a new follower

    Ariane

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I can tell from your review that you think she should have wised up long before she did.

    It reminds me of Terry McMillan! Did you see Oprah's recent show on her situation with her husband? Very interesting, because it showed the whole progression all the way to her being able to forgive him (mostly) and they get along now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGGGGGG yes and I hate to say it but ONE look at him and I just KNEW how she didn't is beyond me!!

      Delete
  4. Happens......I think when the day comes when society is more accepting, this type of thing will be in our rearview mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg this sounds too scandalous LOL I have to get back on it with my reading!!another one to add to the list tho!!

    imancoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great review. think i'll read this book, even though i normally don't have patience for such situations.

    http://myafricancloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. I think this would be my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the suggestion. I need a new read. To answer your question, I don't know anyone living on the DL. I do know a few bisexual men, but they seem to be pretty up front about it.

    http://creativitei.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear ur gonna try it!!! That's great to hear that the people you know are up front about it.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the Comment on my Page! Feel Free to Follow Doll :)

    You are Fierce Girl - LOVE LOVE LOVE THE BLOG :)

    http://houseofvee.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I followed back dahling thanx soooo much!

      Delete
  11. I DEFINITELY WOULD WANT TO CHECK OUT THIS BOOK.

    LOVE YOUR BLOG BTW

    ReplyDelete
  12. wooooo! SCANDAL!

    This sounds like my type of read thanks for sharing it girl as for the DL brotha's all I can do is smh.

    xoxo,
    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I discovered your web site via Google while looking for a related subject, lucky for me your web site came up, its a great website. I have bookmarked it in my Google bookmarks. You really are a phenomenal person with a brilliant mind!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!