Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

First Night Of Zumba

Hello my curvy divas,

How are all of you doing with your New Year's resolutions? I really didn't have any New Year's resolutions but I did decide to get back active this year. I am not trying to lose weight, I really just want to get completely toned and if I lose weight in the process I will..if I don't I will still feel healthier knowing that I am staying active. I do my cardio at the gym but I just recently did Zumba for the first time.

I felt amazing doing the Zumba Basics Dvd because I am TERRIBLE with coordination..like I really can't dance to save my life so doing a dance routine for exercise was terrifying to me. I like that fact that they break each dance step down before you actually have to do it. Most home videos I end up quitting before they end because I get so thrown off from the moves that I am unmotivated to finish it.

I did 40 minutes of Zumba and I felt amazing so it's now going to be a part of my permanent routine. If you are one of those people that hate gyms because of all the skinny people or you just don't really feel like going to a gym...Zumba is truly a fun workout. I don't think ANY workout is TRULY fun but Zumba is about as close to fun as exercising gets.

How many of you have tried Zumba? Does anyone else have any creative ways to stay motivated to workout?





Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

28 comments:

  1. MY FRIEND DOES IT AND I MUST SAY IT IS RECOMMENDABLE,GREAT POST.

    http://sazistopsecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did Zumba at Gold's Gym on a week pass and I almost got a gym membership just for that workout alone! It was so fun! I prefer working out at home because its easier to make it a part of my routine that way. I wish you luck on your goal! !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Tammie I'm glad I opted for the home dvd instead of a zumba class at the gym lolllll I looked a MESS following those routines lollll

      Delete
  3. I do Zumba twice a week at a dance studio near my house. I loooove dancing, especially Latin dance which is why Zumba is so fun to me. When it comes to exercising I think the key is to do whatever is fun to you. For me, if it's not fun I have a hard time getting motivated. Welcome to the wonderful world of Zumba!

    ~SJ
    www.dstinysmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Zumba. I have the DVDs, the Wii workout..and I attend classes. However, find a great Zumba class is hard.

    Keep up the great work of being more active. It truly makes you feel better in everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Dawnya!!! I definitely felt better today!!

      Delete
  5. this is soo weird! i just posted about my zumba experience. I attend a zumba class 4 days a week and i loove it. i'm the biggest girl but who cares? everyone's there for the same purpose to get healthier so i love my class. and trust me zumba done well drops pounds like crazy!lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wowww that's crazy!! Good luck to you as well!!

      Delete
  6. I loooove Zumba! I've been taking a class 3-4 days a week since the beginning of the year. I can tell you, it really really does work your shape, and tones you up. It's done wonders for me so far (25 lbs. down so far..no lie), and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wowwwwww!!! 25 lbs u just motivated me even more!!

      Delete
  7. I'm not big on fitness classes. I prefer to workout by myself in the gym or at home.
    I think a great workout investment is a Xbox 360 with the Kinect. You have a lot of fun playing the games that you don't even feel as if you're exercising.
    My biggest motivation in the gym is a great playlist. I also play counting games to sort of keep my mind off the workout. I don't really need too much motivation, I work out for health reasons. My fear of developing cancer or diabetes is motivation enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have great style dear! I am now following you, Good luck with Zumba and btw thanks for stopping by
    xo Dior

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol girl... I hate working out and i recently found a dance routine workout thingy (lol idk what to call it) that i love! Stick with!

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog, comment, and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE ZUMBA!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Zumba, I go to the classes at our gym on campus. I'm fat so it always leaves me worn out but I do enjoy it. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worn out too and my weight probably is a major factor but hey cheers to getting more fit!! loll

      Delete
  12. I LOVEEE ZUMBAAA !
    its asoo funnn

    xoxo, Shariece
    http://beautyorswaag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!