Total Pageviews

Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 In Review (LAST POST OF 2011)

Hello my curvy Divas,

I want to wish all of you an Early Happy New Year!! I hope your year is filled with success, fab fashion finds, love, and happiness. During the past 2 years of my life I have learned the art of forgiveness, how to deal with tragedy, and how to survive off ANY income after I experienced a company closing before I found another job. I have learned to remain humble no matter what I am blessed with because anything that you have can be taken away at any time. I have learned to not discuss religion or politics with the close minded as my views are very different from most people raised in the South aka the "Bible Belt".

During the past two years I went on an amazing hair journey where I grew out a short damaged bob from below ear length to bra strap length through protective styling. The most important thing that I learned throughout my hair journey was : Keep heat off your hair and keep it moisturized. Remember how long everyone's hair was that used the jherri curl?? I am not natural...I was natural my whole life until college and that was NOT fun for me b/c my hair was very thick and long and very hard to manage natural. I am relaxed now but I only get relaxers every 3-4 months.

In my relationship I have learned to open up to my partner and not hold in things when I am angry. I used to give him the "silent treatment" when I was angry but now I talk about whatever it is that is going on in my head and we are closer than ever now b/c he never has to wonder or try to "figure out" what's wrong with me. I learned to stop being so hard on him b/c of some of my past relationships. DON'T put your new mate in the same category as all other men b/c he may just be different than all the rest ( I know mine is).

Professionally I have learned to make my 9-5 work for my 5-9. I plan on opening up a business in the near future b/c I can't see myself retiring from any company and making them thousands of dollars and not investing some of that same time into a company of my own and making myself money.

I got  a new puppy in 2011 from my boyfriend. She is soooo sweet and helps me more than she will ever know when I am having my down moments thinking about the tragedies that I have dealt with.

In 2012 I would love for my entire family to be close again but in the meantime I will continue to enjoy my close relationship with my mom and my sister who is four years younger than me.

My fitness goals for 2012 are to just stay in the gym at least 3-5 days a week 30-45 minutes of cardio so that I can stay toned. If I lose weight great but if I don't I just want to at least stay active and decrease my risk for weight related diseases (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc).

I want to end this post showing you guys some of my fave looks from 2011 that were not posted on my blog as I have only been blogging since October. As you will see I try ALL kinds of hairstyles from short to long and I even tried blue lips!!! Fashion is not about being safe you have to take risks...you win some you lose some but that is what fashion is all about. I want to keep evolving and I can't do that staying stuck in the same ole same ole kind of outfits.








I was 7 months preggers on this pic.


What is your fave look? Do u prefer short hair or long hair? The short hairstyle was achieved with a 27 piece weave I would NEVER in a million years cut all of my hair off lolllll......


HAPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NEWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEARRRRRRRRRR and I will be back with a vengeance in 2012 with new outfit posts, new topics, just an all around great time for my readers!! I am here to STAY!!!

Until Next Year,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

33 comments:

  1. Love it, You have a great style. Love your short hairstyle, long and short both look Hot!!! on you.

    Kiwi..x

    Thanks for the comment, love your blog now following

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! We are more than fashion, and I appreciate you opening up a slice of your life to us. I LOVE the short hair (although you're beutiful either way). And that I Love Me outfit is my fav. Again, wishing you everything you desire and much more. I'm sure 2012 has some fabulous things waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm digging your new banner. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked great when you were pregnant! I totally agree with not applying heat to your hair. And also moisturizing. That's what I've been doing for the past year and a half and I am loving the results.

    Wishing you the best in 2012. Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your inner radiance and warmth shines through. I love this post for its honestly and I especially love the story of self growth and your hair journey. What a sweet thing your boyfriend did by giving you a puppy. Here's to a positive 2012! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I can appreciate your candor on this post. I really loved the white and black striped dress and you look amazing in that last preggers pic! I do a lot with my hair too. I see my hair as an accessory so certain looks go with certain hairstyles, LOL! BTW, I am natural and it SUCKS taking care of it, LOL!

    http://dolledup4theday.blogspot.com/

    ~Khalilah~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great recap! You were rocking those blue lips hunni #werk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog..it is one of the many that I looked forward to reading each week!! I wish you a prosperous 2012...and I like the short hair better ;-)..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great in blue and I can only dream to look like you preggo!! Awesome post and keep learning!
    Happy New Year babes!

    www.shapelylouise.com

    E. Louise

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanx so much ladies!!!!!!!!!!

    @StyleBot I am the SAME way!! Hair is like shoes or handbags to me it changes as my looks so I get bored easily so u guys will see my hair change a LOT especially in the summer lollllll

    @ Anonymous thanx so much hopefully in the new year I can get you to sign in under your name so I can address u properly :) I love the short hair too I go back shorter during the warmer months you will def see it back

    @ Kelleashia thanx doll I will be trying outrageous lip colors this spring and summer I got some crazy looks but I loved the blue lips lollllll

    @ E Louise thanx so much doll!! Girllll being that I am already plus size when I am preggers I eat healthier than I normally do and stay on a workout regimen... I love my curves but I have to keep them in some kind of control lolllll Happy New year to you as well!!!!

    @ Ticka thanx for noticing the new banner I try to change different things about my blog to keep u guys interested!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sooooo enjoyed reading this post. It's amazing how much you can learn in a year....let alone a day. I will cherish my life lessons of this fading year and thank God for some insight and discernment. God is GOOD!!! I wish you much success in 2012 and beyond :-)

    Oh yea, keep the FAB looks coming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful & thoughtful post! I know that 2012 is gonna be a great year for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post. & I've learned the same thing abt talking to close minded people about religion, politics and plenty of other things. Some of my views don't make too many happy, but oh well.

    I love the pictures you put on here, you looked great in all of them !

    Can't wait to see your great posts in 2012.
    Have a great new year beautiful : )

    plenty lovee & swaag
    xoxo, Shariece
    : )

    http://beautyorswaag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I gotta say, you've got one of those uniquely gorgeous faces that can pull off any hair and/or makeup. It all looks good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've done a great job since starting your blog and I wish you more success in the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved this post, and thanks for sharing ur personal experiences and thoughts! I adore your style and all the different looks!! You look great, that's what fashion and style should be about versatility!! Wishing you a safe and Happy New Year! 2012 is going to be a exciting year and I can't wait to see what fab looks u out together :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year and have a great ONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the outfits, you have incredible style x

    http://fashionxfades.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow you have some crazy style...love em all....xoxo

    Sassi-Cici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love every look thank you for sharing these looks of the year. you are so cool and I really appreciate seeing your post. what 2012 has for you is great I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you are amazing my dear!
    keep on blogging, being creative and full of energy and optimism!!!

    Baci, Ylenia | Longuette

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New year lady!!! The outfits are super cute! Look forward to seeing more! Thanks for sharing yourself with us :-)

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog, comment, and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the recap!!! You look absolutely devine in each and every outfit!!! I especially love that preggo pic!! Prrof that you can be sexy and preggersss

    Mally
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look great!! and your hair looks amazing.. im a new follower.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanx so much ladies!!!!!!!!!!!

    @ Mally I had so much fun dressing up preggers!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Okay Gurl, All things Fabulous are embodied in You!

    I love the Zebra print outfit, and the Pink skirt ensemble! I will be taking a page out of your book!

    Happy New Year!!!
    http://fashionedlouise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. fave look is the black and blue. love that color combo.

    it sounds like you learned a lot in the past year. i hope 2012 is even more fab for you!

    http://msjanelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. awwwww thanx Louise!!!!! and thanx so much janelle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pretty dress!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gurl i am loving your blog this message in particular i swear reminds me alot of my own life wow.. Wishing you the best in 2012, and lets get it in.. weight loss on deck, hair journey getting on deck and operation opening up my own business planning in the making on deck.. alright imma keep check in on you..

    Tisha

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are so stylish lady! Now following :-)

    Roni

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanx ladies and ROni thanx for the follow!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!